Who gets in out of these up coming HoF Candidates?

These are the biggest names coming up for eligibility over the next few seasons

Jim Edmonds, Ken Griffey Jr., Trevor Hoffman, Billy Wagner, Troy Glaus, Mike Hampton, Jason Kendall, Mike Sweeney

Vladimir Guerrero, Manny Ramirez, Ivan Rodriguez, Magglio Ordonez, Jorge Posada

Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, Bobby Abreu, Johnny Damon, Andruw Jones, Scott Rolen, Johan Santana, Omar Vizquel

Who's a lock, first ballot HoFer?

Any of these never getting in?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOCKS IMO

Ken Griffey Jr., Trevor Hoffman, Vladimir Guerrero, Chipper Jones, Jim Thome,

Never Getting In

Manny Ramirez, Ivan Rodriguez,

Get in but probably not first ballot

Jim Edmonds, Andruw Jones, Scott Rolen, Jorge Posada, Billy Wagner

These are the biggest names coming up for eligibility over the next few seasons

Jim Edmonds, Ken Griffey Jr., Trevor Hoffman, Billy Wagner, Troy Glaus, Mike Hampton, Jason Kendall, Mike Sweeney

Vladimir Guerrero, Manny Ramirez, Ivan Rodriguez, Magglio Ordonez, Jorge Posada

Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, Bobby Abreu, Johnny Damon, Andruw Jones, Scott Rolen, Johan Santana, Omar Vizquel

Who's a lock, first ballot HoFer?

Any of these never getting in?

I think there are lots of locks in these years.

Locks:Edmonds, Griffey, Hoffman, Vlad, Manny, IRod, Posada, Chipper, Thome and Vizquel. Griffey and Hoffman should be first ballot.

Manny and Pudge? So you think writers will give their PED use a pass, when they won't give a pass to Bonds or Clemmons?

If they don't they are going to a have a 10 year gap where no superstars make the HOF except for Griffey. I'm also suprised that no one thinks Vizquel is going to be a HOFer, he is the best fielding ss to ever play.

If they don't they are going to a have a 10 year gap where no superstars make the HOF except for Griffey. I'm also suprised that no one thinks Vizquel is going to be a HOFer, he is the best fielding ss to ever play.

He is ONE of the best fielding SS, yes. What hurt Viz are his numbers are more a product of longevity than of actual production, only two seasons with a over a 100 OPS and a career .267 stick. He may make it, but I don't think he is a shoe in.

I think Chipper will go in easily, PED's gonna slow Pudge down. IMO if other better players don't get in due to PED's then he shouldn't either.

He played a difficult defensive position and was the one of the best of his era defensively. That will help a lot. Also, he never failed a test and there is no proof that he ever used. At some point either the writers will just not let anyone in from that era or only cull the ones that failed a test.

Also, if you look at his numbers his homers build gradually from when he was 20, crest when he was 27 (which is when most players peak) start gradually trending down until he was 39. Nothing about his numbers suggests PED use. I'm not saying that he didn't use but there was no sudden jump from 20 homers to 50 like with some players. By season here are his homer totals: 3, 8, 10, 16, 12, 19, 20, 21, 35, 27, 25, 19, 16, 19, 14, 13, 11, 7, 10, 4, 2. The biggest jump he ever had was 14--not that unusual at that age.

He played a difficult defensive position and was the one of the best of his era defensively. That will help a lot. Also, he never failed a test and there is no proof that he ever used. At some point either the writers will just not let anyone in from that era or only cull the ones that failed a test.

Also, if you look at his numbers his homers build gradually from when he was 20, crest when he was 27 (which is when most players peak) start gradually trending down until he was 39. Nothing about his numbers suggests PED use. I'm not saying that he didn't use but there was no sudden jump from 20 homers to 50 like with some players. By season here are his homer totals: 3, 8, 10, 16, 12, 19, 20, 21, 35, 27, 25, 19, 16, 19, 14, 13, 11, 7, 10, 4, 2. The biggest jump he ever had was 14--not that unusual at that age.

I read a story where he pretty much admitted to using, Conseco (been right almost every time) said he shot him up and he's rumored to be on the secret list of 100+ that failed. For a catcher PEDs may have just helped make him more durable, Pudge doesn't have the frame to hit a gazillion HR's PED's or not.

When asked — in an interview with the Associated Press — about whether his name appears alongside Alex Rodriguez and the other 100+ players who tested positive in the 2003 MLB steroid “survey” the only pitiful response Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez could muster was, “Only God Knows.”
Pretty weak response if he never took them...

BTW Bonds and the Rocket never failed a test either

I read a story where he pretty much admitted to using, Conseco (been right almost every time) said he shot him up and he's rumored to be on the secret list of 100+ that failed. For a catcher PEDs may have just helped make him more durable, Pudge doesn't have the frame to hit a gazillion HR's PED's or not.

Pretty weak response if he never took them...

BTW Bonds and the Rocket never failed a test either

Bonds and Clemens both had huge jumps in production or suddenly

quit aging. That wasn't the case with I-Rod. He built up in productivity in his 20's and dropped in his 30's. Unless they want to release those guys that failed why should we condemn him? He played in a homerun favorable park and never had that huge jump that the rest of the users did. I know that no Reds fan wants to hear it but there is just as great a case that Junior used...