Cuonzo Martin to Marquette?

UKMustangFan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Marquette is a great fit for Martin.

I think Tennessee is a nice job- Gregg Marshall is worth contacting. I would talk to Archie Miller; I think he would be a nice fit in the SEC and Tennessee could do a lot worse!

Kelvin Sampson would be interesting at UT, as well.

Huge fan. My choice to succeed Cal.

But you don't think any of the coaching ability trickled down to his brother?

I'll admit I really don't know either one very well as far as coaching style or personality.

Why!

He hasn't been very good up there. His recruiting has been okay, not great, and his in-game coaching is frequently suspect. While they had a magical March, and I'm thrilled for the many UD fans I count in my circle of friends, they were still a 6th place team in the A-10 this year.

His relation to Sean has nothing to do with it; you know (I think) how I feel about Sean. In fact, I would argue that Sean's position / successful track record have stunted Archie some as he spends too much time trying to replicate Sean's style, and not enough time finding his own way.

If you had polled people around the country on February 15th about the job Arch was doing at UD you would have received, at best, a luke-warm response.

AD's that have hired the hot-coach after a good win or two (or three) in March nearly always regret it (and don't always live, so to speak, to regret it).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a breakfast meeting with Ozzie Canseco, Dan McGwire, Craig Griffey, Brent Gretzky, and Michael Garciaparra.