Future sites for the 10th region Tournament

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told that I am wrong in how the site of the 10th Region Tournament is determined and that THERE IS INDEED A DISTRICT ROTATION in place which could lead to the 10th's Big Dance moving to Mount Sterling (or NKU) in upcoming years.

I guess that since we have been away from the 10th Region Tournament for the past two years things have changed in the manner in which the 10th Region site is determined.

I apologize for the mis-information.

Did you say I was right, and you were wrong? I guess that I know more than you think?

Did you say I was right, and you were wrong? I guess that I know more than you think?
In the past the site for the 10th Region Tournament had been determined at the previous year's draw/meeting. Obviously, this has changed.

My thoughts were that you had confused the rotation of sites within the Districts to that of the site of the regional.

Therefore on this one, you are right and I am wrong.

What do they say - You learn something new everyday!

In the past the site for the 10th Region Tournament had been determined at the previous year's draw/meeting. Obviously, this has changed.

My thoughts were that you had confused the rotation of sites within the Districts to that of the site of the regional.

Therefore on this one, you are right and I am wrong.

What do they say - You learn something new everyday!

:dancingpa

The differences between montgomery county and mason.....

mason has:

Plenty of restraunts to choose from for people that havent ate before.

largest seating compacity. (Bigger then the new gym in montgomery.)

Home side holds just as much as away side.

More then enough parking.

and if you want to cry about the trip to Clark county you can choose from many hotels

The differences between montgomery county and mason.....

mason has:

Plenty of restraunts to choose from for people that havent ate before.

largest seating compacity. (Bigger then the new gym in montgomery.)

Home side holds just as much as away side.

More then enough parking.

and if you want to cry about the trip to Clark county you can choose from many hotels

Great place to play, and if there is no place like, why would we move?

Take a quick look around the Fieldhouse before you leave next Saturday night because it will be the last time until 2008 that the tournament will be hosted there.

The 40th District selects the site for the 2007 10th Region Tournament, and with the new Montgomery County arena ready to open this June/July, fully expect the tournament to move to Mount Sterling for the 2007 renewal.

To Scott High School the newest contender in the 10th Region the directions are as follows:

Take I-275 West to I-75 South To Lexington - Turn Left To I-64 and take I-64 East about 25 miles to Mount Sterling. Welcome to the 10th Region!!!

Take a quick look around the Fieldhouse before you leave next Saturday night because it will be the last time until 2008 that the tournament will be hosted there.

The 40th District selects the site for the 2007 10th Region Tournament, and with the new Montgomery County arena ready to open this June/July, fully expect the tournament to move to Mount Sterling for the 2007 renewal.

QUOTE]

Do the districts that host the region select the site???

There is no way that the tournament should be moved. The Fieldhouse seats around 6,000+ and sells out almost every year. Personally, there have been a few years when I could not arrive until a little late and could not get in the gym.

I have to agree with Mustang that the Fieldhouse is the best place to host. Mustangs team is still a fairly young 10th region team and I do not here complaints from them. They have to drive about an 1 to 1-1/2 hours, just the same as Clark or Montgomery. All roads leading to the Fieldhouse are goods roads, AA highway and US 68. The Fieldhouse is fairly a central location and the best place to accomodate everyone. It is not our fault that the KHSAA has expanded the region from Alexandria to Mt. Sterling, about 2 hours worth of driving from the top of the region to the bottom. Unless they build a 10,000 seat arena at Blue Licks, which would be as central as you could get then the Fieldhouse is the place.

To Scott High School the newest contender in the 10th Region the directions are as follows:

Take I-275 West to I-75 South To Lexington - Turn Left To I-64 and take I-64 East about 25 miles to Mount Sterling. Welcome to the 10th Region!!!

We aren't going this year, and if you don't next year, It really won't matter till 2008 anyway!!

It looks like I will be skipping the 10th regional tournament next year.

It would not matter where the tournament is played, PC fans would drive to Western Kentucky to watch even if the record was like it has been prior to the last 3 seasons. I have seen you out in full force. Come on you know you will be there if the CATS are on the hardwood. BE HONEST!!!

I would like to preface my post by saying I am not a Mason County fan and do not have a vested interest in them hosting the tournament. I do follow the tenth region closely from N. KY and every year, like many others, come for the semifinals and finals of the tenth region tournament every year. We usually get a hotel room for Friday night (this year at the new Hampton Inn) and make a mini trip out of it.

The last time they moved the tournament from the Fieldhouse it was a disaster (Clark Co.). I suspect the same fate if the tournament is moved to Montgomery. Either the gym will not be large enough to house it, the logistics and management of the event will cause an outcry or the money made by the schools will plummet.

This will all be ontop of breaking tradition and the losing the 'feel' of what makes the tenth region tournament the best in the state, without a doubt. There is something about playing that tournament on the same floor where the likes of Ronnie Lyons, Billy Ray Fawns, Chris Lofton, Deron Feldhaus, the Sieter Boys, etc. once made name for themselves.

Furthermore, the staff at Mason Co. who put on this event do a very nice job. They are professional, experienced and unbiased towards any team.

With that said, if Montgomery County has a 5,000 seat arena and can legitimately host the event, it would be unfair to not give them a chance and they probably could suit for the right.

But, in this day and age where tradition and respect for the past is slowly dying, it does not surprise me one bit. So, congratulations Montgomery Co. for wasting tax dollars on a gym you really did not need just to keep up with the Jones' (Mason). You now will be able to rise up against the evil empire and swipe the coveted site of the tenth region tournament every other year. And in doing so you are ruining an "event" and making it a regular old tournament. Thanks a million.

Signed,

A tenth region tourney fan, (every other year).