Future sites for the 10th region Tournament

Hey guys just be a mason fan, go to all the home games and you won't miss it the year it is moved...:D

Wouldn't be the same. The Regional Tourament is what makes it the most special place. :D

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we need a spell check button for our moderators. :D

Isn't Mt. Sterling about 2 hours away for schools like Silver Grove, Brossart, Campbell, Scott, Calvary, Augusta, Bracken? Why would they vote for Montgomery County to host?

Do you honestly think that if Mason and Pendleton play again that Mason will have more fans there? I seriously doubt it. If people from Clark, Bourbon, Montgomery, Campbell, etc. came out to support their teams like they do in Falmouth you wouldn't have to worry about a crowd advantage. You can't say there is more people in Falmouth than those places either.

Last year Campbell County hosted the girls 10th Region and Montgomery County drove up to play three straight nights in a row. It is not the fault of the schools like Calvary, Silver Grove, Scott, or Campbell County they are apart of a region that is so spread out, but I will tell you it does make it exciting to see the kids get to travel to different areas and compete against different schools. As far as the fans from Falmouth, I wish we could all have runs like you so our fans would come out like that, the real question is this, once the run is over how long will the fans continue to come?

I'm anxious to here from some of Scott's faithful, of their reaction to their first trip to the Fieldhouse for the regional tourney.

From what I could tell at the game that night, they loved it. The atmosphere in the 10th Region is so much better than the 9th.

I've been told that I am wrong in how the site of the 10th Region Tournament is determined and that THERE IS INDEED A DISTRICT ROTATION in place which could lead to the 10th's Big Dance moving to Mount Sterling (or NKU) in upcoming years.

I guess that since we have been away from the 10th Region Tournament for the past two years things have changed in the manner in which the 10th Region site is determined.

I apologize for the mis-information.

For the first time since I have been apart of BGP, Mustang has finally admitted that he does not have all the answers. It would be nice to hear you say it on the internet sometime as well.

Take a quick look around the Fieldhouse before you leave next Saturday night because it will be the last time until 2008 that the tournament will be hosted there.

The 40th District selects the site for the 2007 10th Region Tournament, and with the new Montgomery County arena ready to open this June/July, fully expect the tournament to move to Mount Sterling for the 2007 renewal.

To Scott High School the newest contender in the 10th Region the directions are as follows:

Take I-275 West to I-75 South To Lexington - Turn Left To I-64 and take I-64 East about 25 miles to Mount Sterling. Welcome to the 10th Region!!!

It is quite obivious that you have some strong inside connections that the rest of the readers and posters do not. At what point do you vote for the 40th District! There has not been a determination as to where the location of the next site will be played. The 10th Region Girls Tournament will be played out of the 40th District next season, but there could be a chance that the boys stay. Next year there are many factors that will go into that choice, for instance the dates for the boys and girls sweet 16 will flip flop due to NCAA Regional Site Selection of Rupp Arena. With that in mind maybe everyone will want to go back to keeping the locations of the boys and girls regional tournaments at seperate sites.

Last year Campbell County hosted the girls 10th Region and Montgomery County drove up to play three straight nights in a row. It is not the fault of the schools like Calvary, Silver Grove, Scott, or Campbell County they are apart of a region that is so spread out, but I will tell you it does make it exciting to see the kids get to travel to different areas and compete against different schools. As far as the fans from Falmouth, I wish we could all have runs like you so our fans would come out like that, the real question is this, once the run is over how long will the fans continue to come?

PC fans always travel well. Maybe not as well as the last 2 season, but show me fans that follow a losing team. When PC gets into the Regionals good or bad years they always pack the Fieldhouse. That is fact. I don't think this would happen if the Tournament was moved to Montgomery Co. There are some PC die hard fans that would show.

It is quite obivious that you have some strong inside connections that the rest of the readers and posters do not. At what point do you vote for the 40th District! There has not been a determination as to where the location of the next site will be played. The 10th Region Girls Tournament will be played out of the 40th District next season, but there could be a chance that the boys stay. Next year there are many factors that will go into that choice, for instance the dates for the boys and girls sweet 16 will flip flop due to NCAA Regional Site Selection of Rupp Arena. With that in mind maybe everyone will want to go back to keeping the locations of the boys and girls regional tournaments at seperate sites.
Actually, next year the 40th District will determine where the tournament will be held in 2008, so I look for it to be back at the Fieldhouse in 2007 and then move to Montgomery County for the 2008 renewal.

You are right on about the Boys Tournament going last next year. If I'm not mistaken I think that this will the trend for the next few years.

Maybe someone more knowlegable than I can confirm that.

For the first time since I have been apart of BGP, Mustang has finally admitted that he does not have all the answers. It would be nice to hear you say it on the internet sometime as well.

I'm not on an ego trip.

If I make a mistake or am mis-informed about something I am happy to recant it.

Thanks for listening. :thumb:

PC fans always travel well. Maybe not as well as the last 2 season, but show me fans that follow a losing team. When PC gets into the Regionals good or bad years they always pack the Fieldhouse. That is fact. I don't think this would happen if the Tournament was moved to Montgomery Co. There are some PC die hard fans that would show.

The distance PC would have to travel to Montgomery is the same that GRC is traveling now to Mason.

Clark County: 61 to Mason, 17 to Montgomery

Pendleton County: 37 to Mason, 61 to Montgomery

I understand where you are coming from...sure would be nice for our fan base ( which will be huge) every other year not to have to travel so far.

Seeing as you've "been a part of BGP" for all of 17 posts, several of which are on here; I find it ironic you're slamming one of the true good guys of this board?? :irked: As for his internet broadcasts, I've listened to many, and can't say I've heard him try to use it as some kind of forum, or act like he's got all the answers; but rather bring enjoyment to many who can't always make the games, including many fans from opposing programs!! Seems like kind of a cheap shot at a guy who does a lot to promote Kentucky and NKY HS basketball?? :confused: :confused: