Future sites for the 10th region Tournament

That is why I asked the question above...if other doors ...like on the sides were open to those that had already bought tickets would be a huge help. I also taught...I was there to support the kids.:thumb: MC let out of school early yesterday. GRC still has not made a decision on this yet for Fridays game. They did not Monday.

The kids I teach are 8. lol Without a coaches pass even the pre-sold ticket holders stood in line last year, and only in the front.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do like us here in Clark Co take 1/2 day off of work. My husband went through the new gym at MC yesterday. Seating will be 4500.

I have a question...if we already have tickets...do we have to stand in line Friday or are other doors going to be open? I saw alot of PC fans in line as we were leaving our game. With the huge crowd they bring and the GRC crowd I would hope that those with tickets would have certain entrances. Could someone post what they know about this.

Unless your lucky enough to be on the list or have a pass you can only enter the 2 doors to each side of the ticket booths.

One thing I heard was that before the tournament this year they remeasured the seats at the fieldhouse and cut them down by several hundred seats.This was due to what happened last year when they presold tickets and then fans were not let in because it was already full.I don't know how many they reduced it to maybe 5800 or something like that.

Yes they did it was calculated as 14 inches per person when built so they recalculated at 18 inches per person now and lowered the actual capacity to 5450.But we all know there will be 6000+ in ther friday and saturday nite.:thumb:

So which end is the Fieldhouse in? It's an hour Southwest from Scott! I can't go Friday because I work in Kenton county. We should have the region at Scott this year so I can go!!!!!!! What a great idea.:rolleyes:

I know that there are schools such as Scott on the outskirts of the region, much like Estill Co. had been for so many years, and it really isn't fair when you should truly be in the 9th. I'm glad we have another quality team in the 10th but I don't see traveling anywhere in the region being very easy for you all. Too bad this is such a spread out region w/o a more centrally located facilities capable of hosting a tournament the size of the 10th region's.

The 10th region could solve some of the problem by taking the same approach as the 11th region. All district winners host their first round regional game. This would make it more of an advantage coming out of your district as a winner and it would save four teams a trip in the first round. After that round move the tourny to one location. I know that there would still be a traveling issue but I think that it would make for larger first round crowds and save at least four teams and their fans a trip. Just thought I would throw that idea out there!!!

Thanks for the info...this is something I think needs to be improved....especially for Friday and Saturday nights.

I agree theres lots of doors there they can let people enter into with tickets.But in fairness to Mason Cty also they have anywhere upwards of 55-65+ people working on a given nite of the region and that would require many more people to just take tickets.These are those little things that i mean you have to prepare fore to host the region.

I agree theres lots of doors there they can let people enter into with tickets.But in fairness to Mason Cty also they have anywhere upwards of 55-65+ people working on a given nite of the region and that would require many more people to just take tickets.These are those little things that i mean you have to prepare fore to host the region.

Well they have hosted it for 20 some years you would think they would have things like this worked out.....:D j/k

The 10th region could solve some of the problem by taking the same approach as the 11th region. All district winners host their first round regional game. This would make it more of an advantage coming out of your district as a winner and it would save four teams a trip in the first round. After that round move the tourny to one location. I know that there would still be a traveling issue but I think that it would make for larger first round crowds and save at least four teams and their fans a trip. Just thought I would throw that idea out there!!!

I think this idea would have some merit!!

Yes they did it was calculated as 14 inches per person when built so they recalculated at 18 inches per person now and lowered the actual capacity to 5450.But we all know there will be 6000+ in the Friday and Saturday nite.:thumb:

I guess lowering the capacity to 5450 was due to inflation.:D

Until someone can match the Fieldhouse capacity it should not be moved. I would not even want it moved then. I saw my first Regional game in the Fieldhouse in 1965 with my Dad, Brother, and Uncle. As a 12 year old I will never forget that atmosphere. I still get the same feeling now as I did then when I walk into the gym. I have a lot of good memory's of the Fieldhouse and I could share them, but we could be hear for days. Oh heck I will share one. One of my fondest memories was with my Dad, Brother, and Uncle. I don't remember the year exactly, but was in the late 60's I think. I got to see The Harlem Globe Trotters played in the Fieldhouse. I have seen them several times since, but it will never be like the first time in the Fieldhouse.

I guess I am just sentimental about the Fieldhouse, but I have reason to be. There is a lot of History in that building.

Keep the Regional Tournament at the Fieldhouse.

I did not know the Harlem Globe Trotters played in the Fieldhouse. Was that with Meadowlark and that crew? There is history in the place. I agree with you sharp keep the Regional Tounament at the Fieldhouse.:ylsuper:

I did not know the Harlem Globe Trotters played in the Fieldhouse. Was that with Meadowlark and that crew? There is history in the place. I agree with you sharp keep the Regional Tounament at the Fieldhouse.:ylsuper:

Yes it was with Meadowlark Lemon