Ranking The Districts By Region

The Seventh is pretty evenly distributed as far as where the good teams play, but here's how I see it:

1. 28th: Ballard, Eastern, Christian Academy, Kentucky Country Day, Walden

2. 27th: Trinity, Waggener, Seneca, Atherton

3. 26th: St. Xavier, Male, Collegiate, Brown

4: 25th: DuPont Manual, Central, St. Francis, Shawnee

Right on the money, I believe.

Haven't seen all of these teams play, but here's a shot in the dark.

13th Region:

1. 49th:

i. Clay County

ii. Jackson County

iii. North Laurel

iv. OBI

v. Redbird

50th:

i. Corbin

ii. South Laurel

iii. Whitley County

iv. Williamsburg

3. 52nd:

i. Bell County

ii. Harlan County

iii. Harlan

iv. Middlesboro

4. 51st:

i. Knox Central

ii. Barbourville

iii. Pineville

iv. Lynn Camp

Top to bottom, the 51st is probably a tad stronger than the 49th based on the 4th teams listed, but I gave the 49th the nod with two of the top teams in the region in Clay County and Jackson County plus a North Laurel team that'd be higher in most other districts in the region (they beat South).

Interestingly enough, Knox Central is probably the favorite to win the region at this point in time, but they are in the weakest district. If I were picking a team to win the region today though, it'd be Knox Central narrowly edging out Clay County.

11th Region:

1. 43rd District *(toughest in the state IMO):

i. Lafayette

ii. Lexington Catholic

iii. Dunbar

iv. Lexington Christian

v. Dunbar

2. 43rd District:

i. Scott County

ii. Bryan Station

iii. Henry Clay

iv. Sayre

41st District:

i. Franklin County/Woodford County (toss up)

ii. Woodford County/Franklin County (toss up)

iii. Frankfort

iv. Western Hills (getting better)

44th District:

i. Madison Central

ii. Madison Southern

iii. Model Laboratory

iv. Berea

43rd and 42nd district are two of the toughest in the state when you look at top to bottom and the talent on the top tiers. Big gap between those two districts and the other two in my opinion.

The 5th Region hierarchy goes like this:

17th District — Etown, John, North, Central and Ft. Knox

19th District — Bardstown, Thomas Nelson, Bethlehem, Nelson Co., Washington Co.

20th District — Taylor Co., Marion Co., Adair Co., Campbellsville

18th District — Green Co., LaRue Co., Caverna, Hart Co.

2nd Region

1) 8th-Hoptown, Christian County, UHA, and Ft. Campbell

2) 7th-Caldwell County, Madisonville, Hopkins Central, and Dawson Springs

3) 6th-Henderson Co., Webster Co., and Union Co.

4) 5th- Trigg Co, Lyon Co., Livingston Central, and Crittenden Co

Second Region

8) HOPKINSVILLE, UHA, Christian County, Fort Campbell

6) Henderson County, Union County, Webster County

7) Madisonville, Caldwell County, Hopkins County Central, Dawson Springs

5) Trigg County, Crittenden County, Livingston Central, Lyon County

1st Region

2nd: McCracken County, St. Mary, Paducah Tilghman, CCA

4th: Calloway County, Marshall County, Murray

3rd: Graves County, Mayfield, Ballard Memorial

1st: Hickman County, Carlisle County, Fulton County, Fulton City.

3rd gets edge over 1st due to Graves County.

I usually agree with you sweet16, but I have to give the 2nd the edge this year with 3 teams that can beat anyone in the region on a given night. It would be tougher for Tilghman to do this but they are still a fine team. As concerns the 3rd over the 1st, did you mean an edge over the 1st region? 1st district is kind of weak this year.

I usually agree with you sweet16, but I have to give the 2nd the edge this year with 3 teams that can beat anyone in the region on a given night. It would be tougher for Tilghman to do this but they are still a fine team. As concerns the 3rd over the 1st, did you mean an edge over the 1st region? 1st district is kind of weak this year.

I gave the 2nd the edge as the best district. Did you mean the 4th?

1st district is weak but Mayfield is not any better than Carlisle or Hickman. Ballard is bad as well as City. Graves County makes the 3rd district better than the 1st.

The 5th Region hierarchy goes like this:

17th District — Etown, John, North, Central and Ft. Knox

19th District — Bardstown, Thomas Nelson, Bethlehem, Nelson Co., Washington Co.

20th District — Taylor Co., Marion Co., Adair Co., Campbellsville

18th District — Green Co., LaRue Co., Caverna, Hart Co.

That's hard to argue against.

I was gonna have the 20th over the 19th, but after Marion County went 0-3 (all by double digits) to second-seeded John Hardin, third-seeded Central Hardin and last-seeded North Hardin in the 17th District, Marion County didn't gain a lot of respect from the Hardin County portion of the region.

It's clear the TOP team in each district is pretty even. Taylor beat Elizabethtown at Taylor. Elizabethtown edged Bardstown. Bardstown beat two-time reigning region champion John Hardin. John Hardin lost to Elizabethtown twice.

It's also clear there's a huge dropoff from the top three districts and the 18th.

Region 4:

District 14 - Warren Central, Bowling Green, Greenwood, South Warren, Warren East - Unquestioned IMO. Top two teams in the region, and the next three have proven capable of beating teams in every other district.

District 15 - Monroe County, Barren County, Allen County-Scottsville, Glasgow - Lacks the top of the line talent of District 16 but top to bottom much better. All four of these teams are among the top 11 in the region.

District 16 - Clinton County, Russell County, Cumberland County, Metcalfe County - Year by year Clinton County and Russell County prove themselves to be forces at the top of the region while the latter two are consistently the two worst.

District 13 - Logan County, Russellville, Todd County Central, Franklin-Simpson - This is not a historical ranking but rather one for this season, which is why they're at the bottom. This is literally the worst I've ever seen the 13th District. You might have to go back to the 80s when Butler County was in the district to find a time they were worse.

4th Region

District 14: Year end and year out the regional champion will come from this district. 1) Warren Central 2) Bowling Green 3) South Warren 4) Greenwood 5) Warren East..... Upset could come with Greenwood but I take the top 2 and give the field.

District 15: History has this district with an occasional threat to the crown. Very even this year. 1) Barren County 2) Monroe County 3) Glasgow 4) Allen County...

District 16: A two team race as usual. Top end is solid with the bottom end struggling to compete with the top teams in the region. 1) Clinton County 2) Russell County 3) Cumberland County 4) Metcalfe County.. Metcalfe longs for the days of Blevin's & Company

District 13: Good young talent in the district means wait till next year for any type of post season run for this group. 1) Logan County 2) Russellville 3) Todd County 4) Franklin Simpson....

Overall, Dragon Fire - agree with you 100 %