Highlands Baseball 2014

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke with Jeremy's newest addition to his coaching staff. The one and only Ernie Liggett. Talk about someone that's excited to be back in the game. For those that don't know him, he is a former All State baseball player off the "Hill". He is the Hall of Fame basketball referee. One of the best. This man is a sports guru. The program will benefit greatly from his experience and leadership on and off the field. Welcome to the Dirty Birds Ernie, I mean Mr Liggett.

Now if only that fungo bat would hit the ball for you!

Awesome Coach Liggett is aboard!!! He was my coach when I was 13 for Sports Arena.. And that was 37 years ago.... Lots of knowledge to be passed to the kids...

Played on the same team....We use to call Coach Liggett, "C League Liggett" because he would throw batting practice up on the Hill and would lob those 40 mph meatballs in there.

We would knock em over the fence and Drew Lombardi (Owner of Sports Arena which was located in Npt Shopping Ctr) would bring them back up.

Heard Coach Liggett was spotted at the batting cage trying to get the fungo thingy down. He is a little rusty....

No. Juniors and Seniors on Varsity and traveling to Myrtle Beach. Sophomores and a few frosh on JV and the frosh consists of frosh and 8th graders. All I know for you at this time. Perhaps JPA can put something together for you.

This is basically the answer I was looking for anyway. To see the program back in sync is just awesome.

Finally Coach B has his entire program playing with their respected age groups. The hard work and patience will pay off imo:thumb:

No. Juniors and Seniors on Varsity and traveling to Myrtle Beach. Sophomores and a few frosh on JV and the frosh consists of frosh and 8th graders. All I know for you at this time. Perhaps JPA can put something together for you.

Not sure about Frosh yet, but here are Varsity and JV rosters. As always, there will likely be movement between teams during the season due to performance, injuries, etc. Let me know if I have left anyone off.

Varsity:

SRs

Allen

Vermeil

Cochran

Gesenhues

Hergott

JRs

Jones

Martin

Ramey

Venneman

Murray

Heck

Noe

Mills

Watson

Ball

Bunning

L Hennigan

Whitford

JV:

Ling

Lindeman

Casebolt

Broering

Cain

Walkenhorst

Penrod

Miller-Cox

Kreeger

Raisor

Mayhew

Miller

Beal

Welsch

Dougherty

Rust

Doty

Coming off back to back District Titles, HHS will expect to compete to make it 3 in a row. A rugged schedule that includes the usual NKY games along with 5 games in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break, St. X (OH) (H), Elder (H), Harrison Co. Tourney, Central Hardin (2011 State Champs, 2013 Final 4) (@ PRP), PRP (2013 State Champs) (A), Trinity (A), CovCath & Moeller (H on Derby Day) & Anderson (OH) (A) should prepare them for tournament play.

Based on the recently announced Coaches Poll, HHS faces #2, #3, #5, #23 & #24 this season with the possibility of meeting #13 in their own tourney. Add in Cincinnati St. X, Moeller, Elder, CovCath, Trinity, Johnson Central and 3 out of state teams in Myrtle Beach and this Dirty Birds squad will be heavily tested during the regular season. Not sure the record will tell us much about their capabilities. How they compete in those games will be much more important than overall W/L. Looking forward to it.

I got a chance to see Doty throw.

I would think he has a chance to get some varsity innings.

How old is Doty? If he is a Soph then I agree he may see some time on Varsity.

If he is younger, I would think that JB is wise enough to know not to revisit the very scenario that he was dealt just 3 short yrs ago matching 14 yr old boys against 18 and 19 yr old young men.

Back then he played Frosh out of necessity, now is not the case.

My comments obviously are based on assuming he is just a Frosh or younger.

How old is Doty? If he is a Soph then I agree he may see some time on Varsity.

If he is younger, I would think that JB is wise enough to know not to revisit the very scenario that he was dealt just 3 short yrs ago matching 14 yr old boys against 18 and 19 yr old young men.

Back then he played Frosh out of necessity, now is not the case.

My comments obviously are based on assuming he is just a Frosh or younger.

Freshman this year.