Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Baseball 2014

Featured Replies

I did not want to intrude on the various other threads about high school baseball, but was looking about information on the Birds for the upcoming season. Where do they stack up in the District and/or Region. Someone mentioned pitching depth, who are some of these guys that we may hear about this year? Read where there may be questions about hitting, who are some of the top position players to watch for this coming season? Unfortunately I did not make it out to many games last year at any level, so I was curious to hear about strengths and weaknesses.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget some of the names other than Mitchell Jones but I know they have some live arms at the varsity level plus I hear they have a kid that can break out a pretty good knuckler.

 

Jeremy subscribes somewhat to the Krumps theory of manufacturing runs. If their pitching is strong like they think it can be they will be in the hunt for the 9th.

I did not want to intrude on the various other threads about high school baseball, but was looking about information on the Birds for the upcoming season. Where do they stack up in the District and/or Region. Someone mentioned pitching depth, who are some of these guys that we may hear about this year? Read where there may be questions about hitting, who are some of the top position players to watch for this coming season? Unfortunately I did not make it out to many games last year at any level, so I was curious to hear about strengths and weaknesses.

 

Pitching: Jones, Cochran, Martin, Bunning, Allen, Noe, Ball, Raisor, Doty

 

Hitting: Ramey, Martin, Hennigan, Whitford, Murray, Venneman, Mills

  • Author
Pitching: Jones, Cochran, Martin, Bunning, Allen, Noe, Ball, Raisor, Doty

 

Hitting: Ramey, Martin, Hennigan, Whitford, Murray, Venneman, Mills

 

I have heard Murray is out this year. Looks like you named 3 first baseman, a catcher, a shortstop and an outfielder.

 

What about Vermeil, Gesenhues, Heck, Cain, Walkenhorst, Kreeger? I am sure there are others that I am forgetting about.

I have heard Murray is out this year. Looks like you named 3 first baseman, a catcher, a shortstop and an outfielder.

 

What about Vermeil, Gesenhues, Heck, Cain, Walkenhorst, Kreeger? I am sure there are others that I am forgetting about.

 

Ramey and Martin play 3rd also..I don't think Kreeger, Walkenhorst and Cain will get a lot of varsity minutes. I was told that Heck might not be playing. Vermeil, Gesenhues and Allen will be on varsity also..

I have heard Murray is out this year. .

 

Murray is playing.

Pitching: Jones, Cochran,

 

I forgot about Cochran. I really like that kid's demeanor.

I forgot about Cochran. I really like that kid's demeanor.

 

He will run through a wall if you ask him too.

You sure about that?

 

Yes, sir.

Are most of these kids juniors or seniors?

Are most of these kids juniors or seniors?

 

Juniors

I watched a few games last year, I'll take a shot at this.

 

1B: Joseph Martin

2B: Evan Allen

SS: Jake Whitford

3B: Mitch Gesenhues

C: Luke Hennigan

AH: Todd Ramey

LF: Brady Murray - if playing

CF: Alex Venneman

RF: ?????

 

Maybe Gesenhues could play outfield and open a spot for Mills on the infield. I know Jones wants to play everyday also. Maybe he could get some starts in the outfield.

 

Michell Jones, Joey Cochran, Kenny Ball (knuckler), Lou Bunning (southpaw), Ben Vermeil, etc on the hill.

Edited by stinkyboy II

What year is Whitford?

What year is Whitford?

 

Whitford is a junior.

 

Gesenhues, Allen, Cochran, and Vermeil are Seniors. All the other kids in my post are juniors.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.