Highlands Baseball 2014

I did not want to intrude on the various other threads about high school baseball, but was looking about information on the Birds for the upcoming season. Where do they stack up in the District and/or Region. Someone mentioned pitching depth, who are some of these guys that we may hear about this year? Read where there may be questions about hitting, who are some of the top position players to watch for this coming season? Unfortunately I did not make it out to many games last year at any level, so I was curious to hear about strengths and weaknesses.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget some of the names other than Mitchell Jones but I know they have some live arms at the varsity level plus I hear they have a kid that can break out a pretty good knuckler.

Jeremy subscribes somewhat to the Krumps theory of manufacturing runs. If their pitching is strong like they think it can be they will be in the hunt for the 9th.

I did not want to intrude on the various other threads about high school baseball, but was looking about information on the Birds for the upcoming season. Where do they stack up in the District and/or Region. Someone mentioned pitching depth, who are some of these guys that we may hear about this year? Read where there may be questions about hitting, who are some of the top position players to watch for this coming season? Unfortunately I did not make it out to many games last year at any level, so I was curious to hear about strengths and weaknesses.

Pitching: Jones, Cochran, Martin, Bunning, Allen, Noe, Ball, Raisor, Doty

Hitting: Ramey, Martin, Hennigan, Whitford, Murray, Venneman, Mills

Pitching: Jones, Cochran, Martin, Bunning, Allen, Noe, Ball, Raisor, Doty

Hitting: Ramey, Martin, Hennigan, Whitford, Murray, Venneman, Mills

I have heard Murray is out this year. Looks like you named 3 first baseman, a catcher, a shortstop and an outfielder.

What about Vermeil, Gesenhues, Heck, Cain, Walkenhorst, Kreeger? I am sure there are others that I am forgetting about.

I have heard Murray is out this year. Looks like you named 3 first baseman, a catcher, a shortstop and an outfielder.

What about Vermeil, Gesenhues, Heck, Cain, Walkenhorst, Kreeger? I am sure there are others that I am forgetting about.

Ramey and Martin play 3rd also..I don't think Kreeger, Walkenhorst and Cain will get a lot of varsity minutes. I was told that Heck might not be playing. Vermeil, Gesenhues and Allen will be on varsity also..

I watched a few games last year, I'll take a shot at this.

1B: Joseph Martin

2B: Evan Allen

SS: Jake Whitford

3B: Mitch Gesenhues

C: Luke Hennigan

AH: Todd Ramey

LF: Brady Murray - if playing

CF: Alex Venneman

RF: ?????

Maybe Gesenhues could play outfield and open a spot for Mills on the infield. I know Jones wants to play everyday also. Maybe he could get some starts in the outfield.

Michell Jones, Joey Cochran, Kenny Ball (knuckler), Lou Bunning (southpaw), Ben Vermeil, etc on the hill.

Edited by stinkyboy II