Ryle--had 30 pitchers tryout?? Need CLASSES!!!

15thSportsFan

They play softer schedules though....look at Beechwoods schedule, they play

Heritage Academy, Lloyd, Homes, Dayton, Belevue, Villa Madonna, Calvery Christian, Ludlow, Silver Grove, Newport and Walton...ect

Don't get me wrong, they have a great coach and a great bunch of kids, but they will not get thrown to the wolves against big schools.

Somebody better check their schedule, Beechwood does have to play it's conference schedule they all play Cov Cath, Boone Co, Ryle, Conner(2), Dixie, Campbell Co. locally they also scheduled Madisonville North Hopkins, Harrison Co, Hancock Co. Sand Lake Michigan, and they are in the Etown wood bat tournament. So much for no wolves!! Check last year they also played Cincinnaati St. X, check St. Henry's schedule they take all comers also. When all is said and done to win the region soft schedule or not they have to be the teams that have ninety at their tryouts, not that numbers are everything but the more that show the better chance you have of having talent.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally hope that Kentucky doesn't go to different classes for baseball...I would like to see the winners of all 16 regions go to a single elimination state tournament like the sweet 16 in basketball. Regardless of classes and numbers Pikeville, Paintsville, and Middlesboro will have 3 of the top programs in the mountians most years.

I agree, there is nothing more special than being the 1 state champion. This is what makes the basketball, baseball, and the soccer championships so tough!

Somebody better check their schedule, Beechwood does have to play it's conference schedule they all play Cov Cath, Boone Co, Ryle, Conner(2), Dixie, Campbell Co. locally they also scheduled Madisonville North Hopkins, Harrison Co, Hancock Co. Sand Lake Michigan, and they are in the Etown wood bat tournament. So much for no wolves!! Check last year they also played Cincinnaati St. X, check St. Henry's schedule they take all comers also. When all is said and done to win the region soft schedule or not they have to be the teams that have ninety at their tryouts, not that numbers are everything but the more that show the better chance you have of having talent.

AND...you play those 10 cupcakes too. That allows you to rest some key players, build stats ect.

The larger schools play strong competition everyday and therefore they need those 7 pitchers and 3 catchers.

For instance, Ryle plays a 3A or 4A school every game except for Newport and Walton. They play Beechwood, but I don't consider Beechwood a 1A school. they play much stronger than most 1A schools.

There should be only one state champion...don't water down baseball too.

So is the NCAA Division II or the division III Championships watered down or should they compete against the larger schools for the one national champion?

I don't think it would water it down. Especially if you have a Championship of Champions at the end.

Just b/c they are private doesnt mean they recruit. Pretty much all of those boys are Lexington boys.

:laugh:

Pretty much? which ones were not? And Lexington has about 250,000 people in it I think. So even if they were all Lexington Boys, that would be a nice area to draw from if I was trying to build a State Champ.

AND...you play those 10 cupcakes too. That allows you to rest some key players, build stats ect.

The larger schools play strong competition everyday and therefore they need those 7 pitchers and 3 catchers.

For instance, Ryle plays a 3A or 4A school every game except for Newport and Walton. They play Beechwood, but I don't consider Beechwood a 1A school. they play much stronger than most 1A schools.

Ryle plays Brossart too which have beat them the past two years including a 10 run rule two seasons ago. Every team plays a few cupcakes, and regardless if a team is great or not, a smart coach will rest players periodically through the year.

Also what does padding stats have to do at all about winning a state championship?

They play softer schedules though....look at Beechwoods schedule, they play

Heritage Academy, Lloyd, Homes, Dayton, Belevue, Villa Madonna, Calvery Christian, Ludlow, Silver Grove, Newport and Walton...ect

Don't get me wrong, they have a great coach and a great bunch of kids, but they will not get thrown to the wolves against big schools.

Walton has had a great team the past few years.

:laugh:

Pretty much? which ones were not? And Lexington has about 250,000 people in it I think. So even if they were all Lexington Boys, that would be a nice area to draw from if I was trying to build a State Champ.

Those kids get to pick and choose which school they want to attend. I don't care what anyone says, the opportunity is much better for kids in Lex, Louis, and Northern KY. There are schools almost a mile a part from each other. If they don't want to do that, they can always goto a private school. It's a mess.

Those kids get to pick and choose which school they want to attend. I don't care what anyone says, the opportunity is much better for kids in Lex, Louis, and Northern KY. There are schools almost a mile a part from each other. If they don't want to do that, they can always goto a private school. It's a mess.

I agree. And I don't care what anyone does, I don't think it's fixable. I think separation is a bad idea. You just got to go out there and do the best you can.

So is the NCAA Division II or the division III Championships watered down or should they compete against the larger schools for the one national champion?

I don't think it would water it down. Especially if you have a Championship of Champions at the end.

There is a difference because in college, athletes are recruited unlike in high school. There are different Divisions in the NCAA because of things such as recruiting budgets. For example it wouldn't be fair for a D III school to have to compete against a DI school because a D III doesn't give athletic scholarships. You can't compare this to college because most of these kids grow up in these areas and go to these schools because of where they live, unlike being recruited in college.

There is a difference because in college, athletes are recruited unlike in high school. There are different Divisions in the NCAA because of things such as recruiting budgets. For example it wouldn't be fair for a D III school to have to compete against a DI school because a D III doesn't give athletic scholarships. You can't compare this to college because most of these kids grow up in these areas and go to these schools because of where they live, unlike being recruited in college.

High schools don't recruit and the sky isn't blue!!