Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grading Wolford

Featured Replies

Now that the season is over for the Tigers, where do the X faithful stand on his performance as head coach of the Tigers?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on some of the posts by a certain avid fan in the game update thread I would venture to guess that a grade of F is forth coming :popcorn:

 

Points to ponder. How many of the Xaviarians gave us the "wait until the rematch" shtick in October. One team did their part to make that happen.

 

FYI: Regardless of what happens in the next 3 weeks X will enter next season 2 games behind Trinity in the overall series and based on results of sub-varsity games this year has a lot of work to do to overcome what I see as a big dip in talent.

 

Enjoy the off season.

Coach Wolford only made one mistake this season. He didn't hire Avid Tiger as offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator and chief of player selection. If he had done that, X would have had the greatest team in the history of high school football. I only hope that the powers on Poplar Level Road never figure out what a treasure they have. (And that AT never becomes a fan of any team I support).

Well, in his first season he finished 7-5. A 7-5 record for any football coach at St. X would result in a average year. St. X is not about average, so I would have to give him a C-. I don't know if Coach Glaser would have done any better, but I will say that when a school pushes out a coach who has been the leader of the program for 30+ years, then the "football gods" are going to get you.

 

We'll see what happens during the offseason and hopefully Coach Wolford and the entire coaching staff will learn from this year and be ready to go in 2014.

 

I know people will bash the 3-4 defense, but the issue, which has been a problem for the last few years, they need guys who can run on defense. Too many slow guys playing in space. Until they can get more speed on defense they will continue to struggle against good spread teams.

  • Author
Well, in his first season he finished 7-5. A 7-5 record for any football coach at St. X would result in a average year. St. X is not about average, so I would have to give him a C-. I don't know if Coach Glaser would have done any better, but I will say that when a school pushes out a coach who has been the leader of the program for 30+ years, then the "football gods" are going to get you.

 

We'll see what happens during the offseason and hopefully Coach Wolford and the entire coaching staff will learn from this year and be ready to go in 2014.

 

I know people will bash the 3-4 defense, but the issue, which has been a problem for the last few years, they need guys who can run on defense. Too many slow guys playing in space. Until they can get more speed on defense they will continue to struggle against good spread teams.

 

I honestly think with Glaser at the helm that the Tigers would have been extremely hard to beat thia year.

Based on some of the posts by a certain avid fan in the game update thread I would venture to guess that a grade of F is forth coming :popcorn:

 

Points to ponder. How many of the Xaviarians gave us the "wait until the rematch" shtick in October. One team did their part to make that happen.

 

FYI: Regardless of what happens in the next 3 weeks X will enter next season 2 games behind Trinity in the overall series and based on results of sub-varsity games this year has a lot of work to do to overcome what I see as a big dip in talent.

 

Enjoy the off season.

 

Good quarterback and talented backfield returning.

Coach Wolford only made one mistake this season. He didn't hire Avid Tiger as offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator and chief of player selection. If he had done that, X would have had the greatest team in the history of high school football. I only hope that the powers on Poplar Level Road never figure out what a treasure they have. (And that AT never becomes a fan of any team I support).

 

Because I assess and report what I see, I need to be hired?

Honestly was not expecting to much success, considering his lack of experience as a head coach at the high school level. Felt like he needed to keep more of the previous staff for a smoother transition. Just not sure he knew what he was getting into. Really surprised when he refused to speak after Friday night's loss. Grade D. Will be curious to see what happens on Poplar Level Road during the off season.

Because I assess and report what I see, I need to be hired?

 

You assess kids without mercy. You assess coaches without mercy. You bully kids from the anonimity of a screen name. You really expect anyone to cut you any slack? All season you professed to have all the answers for what was needed in Tigertown. At the end of the season your prognostications were flat wrong.

You assess kids without mercy. You assess coaches without mercy. You bully kids from the anonimity of a screen name. You really expect anyone to cut you any slack? All season you professed to have all the answers for what was needed in Tigertown. At the end of the season your prognostications were flat wrong.

 

Couldn't disagree more but I don't have on Shamrock tinted glasses. I'd argue that AT is an unbiased fan and supporter of St. X who is voicing his frustrations on what should have been. He has been gracious in defeat and always kept it all the way real instead of making excuses. I'd love to see more people speak as freely as AT did instead of remaining more biased than Urban Meyer voting in the Coach's Poll.

For a real opinion of how Coach Wolford did this year, I recall an article written by former SI writer Billy Reed for Louisville Catholic Sports. I think he nailed it. I don't think that coaching at Trinity or X is a part time job. A link is below.

 

Catholic Sports Network Advertising

He didn't run the ball enough. I'd argue that had X ran the ball more they had a chance to defeat BG. They had Charles Walker and they aren't playing this week.

 

F.

Couldn't disagree more but I don't have on Shamrock tinted glasses. I'd argue that AT is an unbiased fan and supporter of St. X who is voicing his frustrations on what should have been. He has been gracious in defeat and always kept it all the way real instead of making excuses. I'd love to see more people speak as freely as AT did instead of remaining more biased than Urban Meyer voting in the Coach's Poll.

 

What he says about adults is fine with me. When he heaps unfiltered blame on kids, I find it distateful in the extreme. I'd call out one of my fellow Trinity supporters the same way, likely faster. All of us that feel real passion for our teams need to remember that these are kids.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.