Grading Wolford

PepRock01

Somebody said 7-5 is an average year for St.X.... I disagree. That is a sub par season and really it could have easily been worse. I'd give a "D" as a grade for this season with academic probation attached. Two or three seasons of 7-5 and no wins over T or Male and Leon Dunagen will be back at the helm.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been any discussion at Tigertown about Coach Wolford refusing to speak to the press after the game? That was a little surprising considering that he has dealt with much more aggressive press in college and the NFL.

Yes. To his defense, I think he was basically shaking coach Wolfe's hand when 3 mikes were thrust into his face. Maybe a knee jerk reaction, I heard he called each of them later that evening and offered up comments. No one took him up on it

Did not see them enough to give a grade, but really disappointed. I understand there were injuries, but the play calling against Male was questionable. Unfortunately he had to cut his teeth with this team. I would have preferred someone with head coaching experience at this level program.

Yes. To his defense, I think he was basically shaking coach Wolfe's hand when 3 mikes were thrust into his face. Maybe a knee jerk reaction, I heard he called each of them later that evening and offered up comments. No one took him up on it

I have been told Mr. Wolford failed to meet with his players after the game. I have a strong suspicion he may have coached his last game for the Xaverians.

I have been told Mr. Wolford failed to meet with his players after the game. I have a strong suspicion he may have coached his last game for the Xaverians.

I find that hard to believe, but if true, he should be gone. I also have some questions about the administrators that allowed boosters to fire Mike Glaser and dictate the new coaching staff. Not their finest moment.

Did not see them enough to give a grade, but really disappointed. I understand there were injuries, but the play calling against Male was questionable. Unfortunately he had to cut his teeth with this team. I would have preferred someone with head coaching experience at this level program.

Or how about just coaching experience at that level?

I really hope he didn't do that. If did not address the players/team after the loss then administration needs to take a serious look at the program and figure out if this the man they want to run it.