Covington Catholic 42 Johnson Central 14

Birdsfan

Very curious how many total yards JC had- and also how many yards in penalties CCH had. Refs singlehandidly kept JC in this game.

Will do the stats this morning as my partner couldn't get back to CVG in time to make it to the game, so at around 10am we will watch the Hudl films and from my notes of the game, we will have the stats by around noon or a bit later!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very curious how many total yards JC had- and also how many yards in penalties CCH had. Refs singlehandidly kept JC in this game.

Sorry but JC was never really in this game despite the refs helpful calls. Great game to listen to on the Covcath internet radio. Hats off to the players and coaches on a very dominating game.

Either certain posters under valued CC or JC was WAY OVER RATED.

It was impossible to get a feel for either. JC had been dominant, but you are ever really sure if it is a product of the schedule or they were just that good. The JC folks believed this might have been their best team ever; therefore, I too believed in them too. Obviously Cov Cath the issue has been the injuries.

The question from last night wold be - was the final margin impacted at all by Cov Cath getting ahead and forcing JC into an offensive game (ie passing) that was not their bread and butter?

To the JC folks, 2 or 3 issues have been identified year after year:

1 - weak schedule

2 - no balance on offense (run, run, run)

(3) - platoon football (guys going both ways)

I hope there is no argument that those are critical factors inhibiting a good JC program from progressing to the next level. Assuming that is correct:

Are they UNABLE or UNWILLING to change on these 3 points?

1 - Unless good teams refuse to play JC (certainly possible given some of Matney's antics), this seems to be UNWILLING. HHS went to John Hardin and Paducah this year. There are teams that will play you. You just have to find them. It would be interesting to hear the answer if Matney called Dale and offered a home & home series.

2 - I can't figure out how this would be UNABLE. Even if you don't currently have QBs who can throw and WRs that can catch, you can develop both of those. Do whatever it takes from youth football to Frosh to JV and start to develop these talents. The kids see it every SAT and SUN on TV, you gotta figure they are wondering why they can't do the same.

3 - Not sure what the total participation or depth of the roster looks like, but this could be UNABLE. Even if it is just reducing the # of players going both ways OR reducing the # of snaps that those players play, you can at least start moving in that direction.

I think he means they are not playing like the same D in the regular season maybe? I thought the D was pretty steady all year accept for Sam B.

I meant personel wise not how they were playing.:thumb: Looking forward to a competitive game next Friday..Congrats Colonels!!

I meant personel wise not how they were playing.:thumb: Looking forward to a competitive game next Friday..Congrats Colonels!!

Being a birds fan i wasnt trying to speak for him but i assume that is what he was saying. The offense was not the same against the Birds but the D was. Should be a good game...I hope not meaning i hope its a 4 td spread for the birds but CCH has been laying low on the talk and letting the play speak for its self. Kudos for them..I give them a ton of respect with injuries and for them to be where they are at right now....looks like they may be playing there best ball at the right time. They still have a big piece of Cake to climb! lol