Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen and others say they won't perform in Florida...

All Tell

They very well may have been. The measuring stick there is "did he take the law into his own hands?" If he crossed the line into enforcement of the law, then he was a vigilante. Based on what we know, it is debatable and for the record, I haven't made up my mind about it because I don't think I know all the facts.

My only objection was to your contention that vigilant and vigilante is the same thing because the words are similar and derive from the same root word. They are not.

I never said they were the same thing. I said being vigilant is a form of vigilantism. That's all I was saying. I know they aren't the same. I do think being vigilant is a form of vigilantism.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said they were the same thing. I said being vigilant is a form of vigilantism. That's all I was saying. I know they aren't the same. I do think being vigilant is a form of vigilantism.

You're killing me. No it isn't. :scared:

But we don't find out who the Springsteen fans are until he makes a political statement that his fans may or may not agree with but his haters are quick to call his music crap, his political stances crap and his career irrelevant. There is way more Springsteen hate than love in this thread. Your problem is with his fans but his fans didn't start this thread praising him either. Are his fans not allowed to defend him without being insulted?
Personally I hate when ANY musician makes political statements other than with their songs, that includes the musicians I like. I never said his music was crap, I said I like a few of his songs and you can't expect everyone to like every musician you like.

We do find out who his fans are in music threads, I've seen his name in those threads plenty. How am I insulting you? You feel insulted because I think he's overrated or someone else thinks he's irrelevant? By all means, feel free to defend him, but for crying out loud, don't take it personal.

My thoughts on Springsteen. Love his music and recognize he's one of the best all time. Disagree with his politics but don't really pay attention to his comments, same with other artists. Their opinions get more play, but that doesn't hold much weight with me and I doubt too many other fans use an artist's opinions to form their own. Respect that he has some very nice social commentary in many of his songs. Haven't seen a concert in 20 years but the guy could put on a show like no other back when I did see him a few times. Stevie Wonder, just have always liked his music. It makes me feel good.

Personally I hate when ANY musician makes political statements other than with their songs, that includes the musicians I like. I never said his music was crap, I said I like a few of his songs and you can't expect everyone to like every musician you like.

We do find out who his fans are in music threads, I've seen his name in those threads plenty. How am I insulting you? You feel insulted because I think he's overrated or someone else thinks he's irrelevant? By all means, feel free to defend him, but for crying out loud, don't take it personal.

Come on, RTS...do I look like a Springsteen fan to you?

image-1754653067.jpg

You should know me well enough to know I don't take anything personal nor am I insulted by anything you have said in this thread. I'm simply pointing out that the Springsteen hate popped up in the thread before the love did and despite the fact that YOU think he sucks doesn't mean he is irrelevant or that his fans think he "is the greatest thing since sliced bread". His wallet and his legacy and the fact he can still tour at 136 years of age says otherwise.

My thoughts on Springsteen. Love his music and recognize he's one of the best all time. Disagree with his politics but don't really pay attention to his comments, same with other artists. Their opinions get more play, but that doesn't hold much weight with me and I doubt too many other fans use an artist's opinions to form their own. Respect that he has some very nice social commentary in many of his songs. Haven't seen a concert in 20 years but the guy could put on a show like no other back when I did see him a few times. Stevie Wonder, just have always liked his music. It makes me feel good.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Come on, RTS...do I look like a Springsteen fan to you?

[ATTACH]40569[/ATTACH]

You should know me well enough to know I don't take anything personal nor am I insulted by anything you have said in this thread. I'm simply pointing out that the Springsteen hate popped up in the thread before the love did and despite the fact that YOU think he sucks doesn't mean he is irrelevant or that his fans think he "is the greatest thing since sliced bread". His wallet and his legacy and the fact he can still tour at 136 years of age says otherwise.

Are you saying follicly challenged people aren't Springsteen fans?! :smug:

Honestly, it sounded like you were.

I don't think he sucks, I think he's overrated and I can tell you from experience, many of his fans are over the top if you dare tell them that.

Most big acts from the seventies can still tour and pack them in, it was an iconic era.

Are you saying follicly challenged people aren't Springsteen fans?! :smug:

Honestly, it sounded like you were.

I don't think he sucks, I think he's overrated and I can tell you from experience, many of his fans are over the top if you dare tell them that.

Most big acts from the seventies can still tour and pack them in, it was an iconic era.

I haven't heard a Springsteen song since Dancing in the Dark. :lol:

I'm glad I was born in 1974. I'm not sure if I would have survived the 70s if I was born in the 60s. I love a good time. :D