Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen and others say they won't perform in Florida...

All Tell

What? There was nothing approaching vigilantism in this case..."Vigilantism" is just another sound bite being dropped by protesters and others trying to keep everyone stirred up.

:lol:

Armed guy shoots and kills alleged unarmed burglar. That's vigilantism.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Armed guy shoots and kills alleged unarmed burglar. That's vigilantism.

He didn't hunt him down and just shoot him.

Didn't think he was a burglar.

A lot of things can be tied to this case but vigilantism isn't really one of them.

What? There was nothing approaching vigilantism in this case..."Vigilantism" is just another sound bite being dropped by protesters and others trying to keep everyone stirred up.

I consider a self-appointed watchman who keeps tabs on "suspicious" people in lieu of the police and needs a gun to protect himself in the course of his "duties" to be a form of vigilantism.

You are absolutely right. People who volunteer to go on neighborhood watch patrols in high crime neighborhoods should be commended for stepping forward to do their part to keep their neighborhoods safe.

Both the violent crime and property crime rates for Sanford, Florida are far above the national average. Anybody who believes that neighborhood watch volunteers are vigilantes has probably not lived in a neighborhood like the one in which Zimmerman lives. I have lived and worked in areas where it was not safe to walk after dark. Until one has experienced such neighborhoods first hand, one should not be so quick to judge another man's motives in trying to help police. Martin had the opportunity to call 911 if he was actually in fear of Zimmerman. Instead, he chose to break Zimmerman's nose and pound the back of his head into a concrete slab. As you said, there was nothing approaching vigilantism in this case. Martin's own actions got him shot.

Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springstein and others say they won't perform in Florida......until the "Stand your Ground" law is repealed.

In other more important news....I cleaned my sock drawer out today and found a nickel.

Read that one out loud and it made the entire family :lol::lol::lol: