Reds at Phillies Series 05/17 thru 05/20/13

A whole lot of crying going on in here. It's gonna be OK. The Cards are about to fall off a cliff.

I wish you were right, but I don't see that happening. They just keep finding people to plug in at any position. Has to be one of, if not the best, organizations in baseball.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like you cried like the senior who got stood up at his prom when you begged for Chapman to be in the rotation? You tell me, if a few spins around the league an inning at a time got him lit up, how do think being in the rotation would have gone? I'm tired of the juvenile crap about Chapman. Either way, it was the right move to keep him in the pen. No way you trot that out there 5 times a month the way he's pitching now. But we won't talk about that because it doesn't suit your agenda. And again, where are you when he's lights out in the ninth?

I'm on here all the time chief. And yes Chapman should be in the rotation. They're wasting way too much money for the back end of the bullpen to be slightly above league average.

Numbers say you're wrong, but that's okay, keep trotting out that crap line about how teams "know it's over" when he enters the game. Working out real well for ya.

I'm on here all the time chief. And yes Chapman should be in the rotation. They're wasting way too much money for the back end of the bullpen to be slightly above league average.

Numbers say you're wrong, but that's okay, keep trotting out that crap line about how teams "know it's over" when he enters the game. Working out real well for ya.

All I need to know about your baseball acumen right there, chief.

All I need to know about your baseball acumen right there, chief.

Your agrument holds no water, so of course you attack my intelligence. :lol:

Bottomline, Chapman is an average closer. Numbers back that up. When you're paying him, Brox, and Marshall the type of money they are, you need better than average. You don't pay that many guys closer money.

Like usual, you miss the point. You don't see anyone going around crowing on here when Chapman gets a save like you do when he blows one. Am I wrong? And if you think for one second with the struggles he's having in one inning, that he should run out there for more than one at a time as a starter, what else is there to think about your baseball IQ? Seriously, start when he can't get people out with his fastball? Come on man. You want to start him because of his salary? That's gets GMs fired.

Chapman has those weeks where he can't do anything right, then he will be lights out for a month then have another bad week. Look at the back of the baseball card, he will be fine, the Reds will be fine, and UKMF will be able to step back from the ledge.

How the heck is Chapman average? The dude had a 1.51 Era last year with 122 K's with 71 innings pitched. That's almost 2 K's every inning! That's pretty remarkable if you tell me.

Chapman has those weeks where he can't do anything right, then he will be lights out for a month then have another bad week. Look at the back of the baseball card, he will be fine, the Reds will be fine, and UKMF will be able to step back from the ledge.

I'm not even close to a ledge. They're the 2nd best record in the NL. The lovefest that's been going on with Chapman for the past 3 seasons is ridiculous though. His career #'s as a closer bear out that he's very average at it. ~80% success rate wasn't good enough for Coco Cordero, but somehow is perfectly acceptable for Chapman? Sorry, not buying it. He's much flashier, but not as effective.

I'm not even close to a ledge. They're the 2nd best record in the NL. The lovefest that's been going on with Chapman for the past 3 seasons is ridiculous though. His career #'s as a closer bear out that he's very average at it. ~80% success rate wasn't good enough for Coco Cordero, but somehow is perfectly acceptable for Chapman? Sorry, not buying it. He's much flashier, but not as effective.

He finished 8th in the Cy Young race and 12th in the MVP voting. That doesn't exactly scream average pitcher to me. .809 Whip, 4.4 hits per 9 innings, he gave up 12 runs all year last year. You're letting a 1-2 week bad stretch cloud your judgement.

Chapman career #'s: 47 SVs in 57 SV chances = 82.4% Success Rate

Coco's career #'s (as a Red): 150 SVs in 174 SV chances = 86.2% Success Rate

Coco's worst season as a Red saw him convert at a clip of 83.3% of his opportunities.

Fans crucified Cordero, but see Chapman as the best thing since sliced bread. Shows how little fans really follow things. They're duped by the fact that Chapman K's a bunch of guys and is exciting to watch. Nevermind the fact that he's not as effective as the guy they hated.

Chapman career #'s: 47 SVs in 57 SV chances = 82.4% Success Rate

Coco's career #'s (as a Red): 150 SVs in 174 SV chances = 86.2% Success Rate

Coco's worst season as a Red saw him convert at a clip of 83.3% of his opportunities.

Fans crucified Cordero, but see Chapman as the best thing since sliced bread. Shows how little fans really follow things. They're duped by the fact that Chapman K's a bunch of guys and is exciting to watch. Nevermind the fact that he's not as effective as the guy they hated.

Who would you rather have? Cordero or Chapman?

How the heck is Chapman average? The dude had a 1.51 Era last year with 122 K's with 71 innings pitched. That's almost 2 K's every inning! That's pretty remarkable if you tell me.

That stats back that up. Just because he does it in a flashy exciting way doesn't make it better. Fact of the matter is he has a lower save % than Francisco Cordero and we ran that guy out of town.

Edit... UKMustangFan beat me to it.