Cornell wrestler arrested for rape, there have to be more details.

mexitucky

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornell wrestler Peter Mesko charged with first degree rape - More Sports - SI.com

There has to to be more to this story, b/c this article makes no sense.

Sounds a bit sketchy to me. Here is a guy just laying around letting you take his picture after he rapes someone and you fight with him bazaar.

So let me get this straight, the dude stayed around and posed for pictures after they stopped the alleged rape? Yeah, this screams of someone looking for a payday.

I honestly don't see why you guys think this doesn't make sense. The article states there was a group playing drinking games. Perhaps the alleged rapist passed out after raping the girl, thus laying there with his pants half way down.

Sounds more to me like a disgruntled lesbian partner who is ticked that her partner hopped over the fence for a soiree'. Snapped some photos and ran with the story. Just my skeptical heterosexual opinion.

I think it's pitiful that society always thinks there has to be some sort of angle or something else behind the story when a woman accuses a man of rape.

I honestly don't see why you guys think this doesn't make sense. The article states there was a group playing drinking games. Perhaps the alleged rapist passed out after raping the girl, thus laying there with his pants half way down.

I understand the drinking game part. I just don't get the details. There is a lot missing here. Did the other partner who took the pictures yell for help since there was a party going on downstairs? Did they call the police right away? Was there a rape kit? All of that was left out, and an informed opinion can't be made w/out it. All we know is that he got arrested and it was due to the accounts of two people in a relationship who took a picture of a guy in one of the partner's beds.

I think it's pitiful that society always thinks there has to be some sort of angle or something else behind the story when a woman accuses a man of rape.

I don't see it completely that way. After watching a college teammate falsely accused by a girl and the damage that it did to his reputation, I hestitate to jump on either side right away.

And I think it's pitiful that 2 adults get so wasted that they really don't know what happened and this is the pieced together outcome.

I understand the drinking game part. I just don't get the details. There is a lot missing here. Did the other partner who took the pictures yell for help since there was a party going on downstairs? Did they call the police right away? Was there a rape kit? All of that was left out, and an informed opinion can't be made w/out it. All we know is that he got arrested and it was due to the accounts of two people in a relationship who took a picture of a guy in one of the partner's beds.

I agree about not having all the details. I was pointing out that there is a possible logical explanation for the guy just to be laying there with his pants half down.

And I think it's pitiful that 2 adults get so wasted that they really don't know what happened and this is the pieced together outcome.

Sounds like she was sober enough to shove the alleged rapist off here, and go for help.

Sounds more to me like a disgruntled lesbian partner who is ticked that her partner hopped over the fence for a soiree'. Snapped some photos and ran with the story. Just my skeptical heterosexual opinion.

You don't believe she was raped because she is a lesbian. I don't think there's more I can say.

You don't believe she was raped because she is a lesbian. I don't think there's more I can say.

Didn't say that, but you have a penchant for inferring. She's a female, and I find it interesting that the roommate/partner came in to save the day. I don't care if she was a heterosexual prostitute. Not enough of the story to make an accusation without hearing the rest. But we never really need the rest of the story here to castigate someone.