Luke Bir Cov Cath RB - King of NUC Combine

Congrats goes to Luke for winning "King of the Combine" for the National Underclassmen Junior Class Combine held in March in Lexington. Impressive numbers for a 200 lb + RUnning Back

Luke is one strong young man. His leg strength is phenomenal and I think he will show A LOT more about what he can do this season compared to last, sharing time with Beatrice.

http://Http://www.nationalunderclassmen.com

A friend of mine worked the combine...freezing rain, and a little snow thrown in earlier in the morning...terrible conditions. He talked about the kid from Cov Cath. 4.59 shuttle, 4.78 40, 20 reps at 185 and 30" vertical

Luke was there along with a couple OLinemen from Ryle and Fussinger from Cooper aand Olmstead from SK. All the NKY boys performed really well considering the horriible conditions on that day. Sleet, freezing rain and very cold, the field was like aan ice rink. Luke was awesome and what you'd expect from a great kid like him. Hoping he gets to another combine to get his real times. The field was so bad you could probably take off at least 1.5 to 2 tenths of a second off their shuttle and 40 times. I could easily see Luke running in the 4.5-4.6 range.

Give you an idea how bad the conditions were, Fussinger just went to the NUC combine iin Louisville today and cut .4 off his shuttle time and over .2 off 40 time from the LExington NUC combine. Luke I would guess would easily be in the 4.5 - 4.6 range.

Is the kid going to transfer to Highlands so he can play for a winner?

Are you serious? You're going to talk about a young man and a program like that? The life lessons you learn just from being involved in the sport are enough to trump the "winning" aspect of the game any day. Covington Catholic is an institution that gives young men a great education and lays a great foundation to be winners for the rest of their lives far beyond the playing field. Take it from someone who has been there. I wouldn't trade my varsity football experience at Covington Catholic for anything in the world and if you were to talk to any other player, they would say the same exact thing. We spend a lot of time in films, lifting, and practice with the ultimate goal of being the best players we can be and as long as you reach those goals, that's what makes you a winner. I guess you just don't understand.. But I hope what you said makes you feel very proud of the classless reputation that you are building for yourself.