Luke Bir Cov Cath RB - King of NUC Combine

Are you serious? You're going to talk about a young man and a program like that? The life lessons you learn just from being involved in the sport are enough to trump the "winning" aspect of the game any day. Covington Catholic is an institution that gives young men a great education and lays a great foundation to be winners for the rest of their lives far beyond the playing field. Take it from someone who has been there. I wouldn't trade my varsity football experience at Covington Catholic for anything in the world and if you were to talk to any other player, they would say the same exact thing. We spend a lot of time in films, lifting, and practice with the ultimate goal of being the best players we can be and as long as you reach those goals, that's what makes you a winner. I guess you just don't understand.. But I hope what you said makes you feel very proud of the classless reputation that you are building for yourself.

Well said!

Are you serious? You're going to talk about a young man and a program like that? The life lessons you learn just from being involved in the sport are enough to trump the "winning" aspect of the game any day. Covington Catholic is an institution that gives young men a great education and lays a great foundation to be winners for the rest of their lives far beyond the playing field. Take it from someone who has been there. I wouldn't trade my varsity football experience at Covington Catholic for anything in the world and if you were to talk to any other player, they would say the same exact thing. We spend a lot of time in films, lifting, and practice with the ultimate goal of being the best players we can be and as long as you reach those goals, that's what makes you a winner. I guess you just don't understand.. But I hope what you said makes you feel very proud of the classless reputation that you are building for yourself.

I was joking. Sorry. I thought it was easy to see it was in jest without getting all sensitive. It was a Covcath fan who instantly responded with name calling.

Is the kid going to transfer to Highlands so he can play for a winner?

:no: You are a piece of work. What a shot out of left field. Really? :bag: What a way to spoil a positive thread. Whomever said you were 'classless' for your post is right on the money.

I was joking. Sorry. I thought it was easy to see it was in jest without getting all sensitive. It was a Covcath fan who instantly responded with name calling.

No need to point fingers man. I just thought it would be common sense not to say something which is completely irrelevant to the topic and belittling to an entire program. I guess you lack that common sense.

G1...no harm, no foul. I thought it was kind of funny...the fact is Highlands has had everybody's number for a long time. That said, Bir has the tools to be one of the best RBs in the city. He has excelled at every level back to his Boone County Pee Wee FB days. No need for extra motivation, Cov Cath vs Highlands has been a great game for the past several years. I would expect the same this fall.

There is a time and a place for the funny stuff, threads like this are not either.

I have met Luke a couple of times, very respectful and he looks strong as a bull.

I will say one thing, G1's comments brought some Colonel fans out of hiding. Two of them have been members since 2010 and have less than 30 posts.

Luke is going to be ridiculously good. He is a respectful young man who works hard and comes from a great family.

Too bad a thread giving him a nod for all his hard work had to go south. He deserves better.

Maybe he will make G1 eat those words.

If I'm Luke, I'm upset over how little he was utilized in CovCath's biggest games. He was their biggest threat against Highlands, and the CovCath staff refused to ride him. Highlands went to that 2 man front and Luke had some big runs while averaging about 5 yards a pop. Amazingly, they went away from it at the mid-way point of the 1st quarter through the first half, and then midway through the 3rd for the rest of the game. Played right into the Birds hands. He should be a focal point this year...he should have been last year.