Ashley Judd needs support dog during interview

All Tell

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The honeymoon is over for Ashley Judd.

At a time when Democrats in Washington are having second thoughts about embracing Ashley Judd as their standard-bearer against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in 2014, Kentucky Democrats are waving red flags about the actress, arguing that her candidacy plays into the GOP's strengths and tarnishes the party brand in the Bluegrass State.

"She's gonna have a tough row to hoe," said Jim Cauley, who ran Governor Steve Beshear's 2007 campaign and also worked on President Obama's 2004 Senate campaign. "She doesn't fit the damn state. That's her problem. I don't think she fits the voters of the state of Kentucky."

Kentucky Democrats Are Afraid Ashley Judd Really Is Running for Senate - Michael Catalini - The Atlantic

This is getting ridiculous. The KDP whines endlessly about Judd (which of course can only hurt her in a general election later on if some Democrats themselves don't like her), but as usual the completely dysfunctional (and basically Republican) KDP has not one name to put forward except for Grimes, who has said nothing about running.

The funniest one I read the other day was the implication that Ashley Judd was too liberal for Kentucky and so the party should ask Louisville mayor Greg Fisher to run... what?!? Ashley Judd is too liberal but the current mayor of Louisville isn't? At some point, I think they just want something to complain about.

I am (so far) not at all in favor of putting Judd up against McConnell. That will essentially ensure another win for Mitch. It's not necessarily her politics, because I lean liberal, it seems. But at this point (and maybe unfairly), I liken her to a liberal Sarah Palin. She's a pretty face I haven't really heard anything from....and I'm afraid when she opens her mouth I'm going to dislike her as much as Sarah Palin.

I am (so far) not at all in favor of putting Judd up against McConnell. That will essentially ensure another win for Mitch. It's not necessarily her politics, because I lean liberal, it seems. But at this point (and maybe unfairly), I liken her to a liberal Sarah Palin. She's a pretty face I haven't really heard anything from....and I'm afraid when she opens her mouth I'm going to dislike her as much as Sarah Palin.

I understand that problem. And if she pushes left, it definitely endangers Democrats in the statehouse. So then the KDP needs to get proactive for once in its pathetic existence and put forward a serious candidate.

... I don't think they have one. The state party doesn't like its strongest members from the actual Democratic strongholds.

I feel like I'm on the right track with my feelings about Ms. Judd. My sister is wholeheartedly behind Ashley Judd....can't be a good sign. :D She's now not speaking to me (again), because I expressed my concerns. :lol: And y'all thought I was a liberal. :p