39th District Draw

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never understood why this district draws. Typically, Mason County is head and shoulders better than the other three, who are also usually fairly even. If I were one of the small schools, I'd rather seed the district and play my way into the 2 or 3 spot. Instead, by blind draw, you take the chance of pairing yourself against Mason County. It would seem the odds would be better by seeding.

I have never understood why this district draws. Typically, Mason County is head and shoulders better than the other three, who are also usually fairly even. If I were one of the small schools, I'd rather seed the district and play my way into the 2 or 3 spot. Instead, by blind draw, you take the chance of pairing yourself against Mason County. It would seem the odds would be better by seeding.

I agree they should definitely seed, but I think three of the four teams would have to vote in favor of seeding for that to happen. As I have mentioned before the state needs to mandate seeding for all district tournaments. It definitely should be consistant throughout the state, either way, but seeding would make the most sense to me.

It will not happen because Mason will not want to play at Augusta or St. Pat.

If I were those three I would never vote for it. They have a better shot of making the region with a blind draw..

They have a better shot if they seeded. In years of Mason dominance the team thats better between the three often draws Mason. When the three teams are evenly matched you contol your own destiny. They already play each other 2, 3, sometimes 4 times during a season. Make them mean something. They are ignorant for not voting to seed.