Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

39th District Draw

Featured Replies

Mason County vs Augusta

St. Pat vs Bracken County

 

One way or another a good team is not going to the fieldhouse. Thoughts?

  • Replies 80
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the district tournament this year?

I have never understood why this district draws. Typically, Mason County is head and shoulders better than the other three, who are also usually fairly even. If I were one of the small schools, I'd rather seed the district and play my way into the 2 or 3 spot. Instead, by blind draw, you take the chance of pairing yourself against Mason County. It would seem the odds would be better by seeding.

I have never understood why this district draws. Typically, Mason County is head and shoulders better than the other three, who are also usually fairly even. If I were one of the small schools, I'd rather seed the district and play my way into the 2 or 3 spot. Instead, by blind draw, you take the chance of pairing yourself against Mason County. It would seem the odds would be better by seeding.

 

I agree they should definitely seed, but I think three of the four teams would have to vote in favor of seeding for that to happen. As I have mentioned before the state needs to mandate seeding for all district tournaments. It definitely should be consistant throughout the state, either way, but seeding would make the most sense to me.

St. Pat and Bracken County have to be happy this morning.

The scenario here is either Augusta who has their best team in 9 years sitting at home for the regional, or host school Mason sitting and watching the Regional for the first time in God knows when.

I have never understood why this district draws. Typically, Mason County is head and shoulders better than the other three, who are also usually fairly even. If I were one of the small schools, I'd rather seed the district and play my way into the 2 or 3 spot. Instead, by blind draw, you take the chance of pairing yourself against Mason County. It would seem the odds would be better by seeding.

 

It will not happen because Mason will not want to play at Augusta or St. Pat.

It will not happen because Mason will not want to play at Augusta or St. Pat.

 

But it would be much better for them to seed IMO, especially this year.

It will not happen because Mason will not want to play at Augusta or St. Pat.

 

If Bracken, Augusta, St Pat all vote to seed then they will be required to.

If Bracken, Augusta, St Pat all vote to seed then they will be required to.

 

I don't see those three voting for it.

I don't see those three voting for it.

 

If I were those three I would never vote for it. They have a better shot of making the region with a blind draw..

Where is the district tournament this year?

 

The Fieldhouse

If I were those three I would never vote for it. They have a better shot of making the region with a blind draw..

 

They have a better shot if they seeded. In years of Mason dominance the team thats better between the three often draws Mason. When the three teams are evenly matched you contol your own destiny. They already play each other 2, 3, sometimes 4 times during a season. Make them mean something. They are ignorant for not voting to seed.

The Fieldhouse

 

Thanks. I might have to make a journey over the night of the Mason/Augusta game. Lord knows I've seen plenty of 39th district games in my life! Why not one more.

As a Bracken County grad, this draw is good for both the boys & girls teams. I wish both squads the absolute best! :thumb:

 

As a basketball fan who enjoys regional tournaments, the boys draw is disappointing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.