Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

39th District Draw

Featured Replies

Thanks. I might have to make a journey over the night of the Mason/Augusta game. Lord knows I've seen plenty of 39th district games in my life! Why not one more.

 

I'll very likely take that one in as well. Will come say hey if I do. :thumb:

  • Replies 80
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are ignorant for not voting to seed.

 

Agreed.

 

I feel like having the draw go the same with both boys & girls factors into the decision making.

 

I'm not sure how the vote went this year, but I thought Bracken County was at one time the lone vote for seeding. I might be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure at one time they were voting for it.

Why is that ignorant? They may be matched someone talent wise now, but that won't always be the case. I don't see Mason ever dropping away completely.

Why is that ignorant? They may be matched someone talent wise now, but that won't always be the case. I don't see Mason ever dropping away completely.

 

The years you could be the number 2 seed or 3 seed you could draw what is essientially the 4. You're basically saying you'll risk having to play Mason County in the first round on their home floor when you could have had the 2 seed on a neurtral court against a team your favored over? Luckily for Augusta this is a year they can compete with Mason. However I'm sure they'd rather save that game for the final.

With this draw the rest of the 10th region is hoping for another Harrison/Pendleton first round matchup in the 38th. Then as a District winner you hope you draw opposite the 37th.

It will not happen because Mason will not want to play at Augusta or St. Pat.

 

Some districts seed and each team plays each other only once. Under that form, they wouldn't go to those places but every other year.

As I have mentioned before the state needs to mandate seeding for all district tournaments. It definitely should be consistant throughout the state, either way, but seeding would make the most sense to me.

 

I agree Porky. I think it should be done the same throughout the state, either 64 seeded districts or 64 drawn districts.

Why is that ignorant? They may be matched someone talent wise now, but that won't always be the case. I don't see Mason ever dropping away completely.

 

I'm speaking solely on the boys side of things with this, but with the three Class A schools, they are pretty balanced programs when you look at them over the long haul. Right now, Augusta has the top team. In previous years, Bracken did. St. Pat had a leg up in other years. But none of them are consistently better than the other.

 

Makes more sense to seed, since none of those three programs are going to gain an advantage from it over the long haul. And it gives a better chance of a team making it to the Region when they actually have a team that can have a good showing.

Mason don't want to take 20% of their schedule and play Augusta, St. Pat and Bracken. Also, those teams don't want to the same problem and play Mason twice. It was not a problem when Augusta was down but now they are good everyone has a problem. Can they seed the District without playing each other? Seems like I heard another District doing this. Go by records.

Monday, February 18th- Bracken County vs. St. Patrick- girls at 6:30 & boys at 8:00

Tuesday, February 19th- Augusta vs. Mason County- girls at 6:30 & boys at 8:00

 

Thursday, February 21st- Championship games- girls at 6:30 & boys at 8:00

 

All games at the Mason County Fieldhouse.

Mason don't want to take 20% of their schedule and play Augusta, St. Pat and Bracken. Also, those teams don't want to the same problem and play Mason twice. It was not a problem when Augusta was down but now they are good everyone has a problem. Can they seed the District without playing each other? Seems like I heard another District doing this. Go by records.

 

They can just play one game that counts toward seeding.

 

The problem is not that Augusta is good this year. I've been beating the seeding drum for a long time & will continue to do so, even though I'm sure a lot of my Bracken County brethren couldn't disagree more.

 

Having two districts that blind draw hurts the Regional Tournament in some years & this season will be one of them.

Mason don't want to take 20% of their schedule and play Augusta, St. Pat and Bracken. Also, those teams don't want to the same problem and play Mason twice. It was not a problem when Augusta was down but now they are good everyone has a problem. Can they seed the District without playing each other? Seems like I heard another District doing this. Go by records.

 

Mason County has 26 games scheduled this year, including one against district opponent St. Patrick. If they were to play each district team once, that would be three out of 26 games, or 11%. They played regular season games with Beechwood and Paris this year, so it's not like they have some aversion to playing small schools. I can't imagine playing all three district opponents once would do anything to hurt the Mason County program.

Mason County has 26 games scheduled this year, including one against district opponent St. Patrick. If they were to play each district team once, that would be three out of 26 games, or 11%. They played regular season games with Beechwood and Paris this year, so it's not like they have some aversion to playing small schools. I can't imagine playing all three district opponents once would do anything to hurt the Mason County program.

 

Yep

Mason County has 26 games scheduled this year, including one against district opponent St. Patrick. If they were to play each district team once, that would be three out of 26 games, or 11%. They played regular season games with Beechwood and Paris this year, so it's not like they have some aversion to playing small schools. I can't imagine playing all three district opponents once would do anything to hurt the Mason County program.

 

With that said, however, if the other three schools continue to vote to have a blind draw, then I see no reason for Mason to go out of their way to schedule their district opponents in regular season games.

Playing each team once, then I would have no problem.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.