Bellevue 58 Dayton 8

How can you not be motivated for this game?

What happened in this game to make it a 50 pt loss? I am curious to know because I never saw this coming in a million years. I picked Bellevue to win but by 50...no way.

Turnovers for scores. Turnovers are killers by themselves but when a turnover becomes a TD immediately, games can get out of hand. A lot of people wonder how Dayton was leading Beechwood - turnovers. Beechwood had 5 first half possessions.

1. Bad snap made it 2nd and 22 and they couldn't convert the first down.

2. Fumble on punt return.

3. Fumble on first play.

4. One play "drive" for a TD.

5. Interception in the end zone.

Turnovers by any team can make games look very different. Bellevue turned 3 Dayton possessions into 21 points. Take away those turnovers for points and now Bellevue has 37 instead of 58.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VOR. You could not be more right. Dayton had 5 total and 3 were for scores. 30-8 at half second half devils never came back out to play either. Again Bellevue played their A game and Dayton would get an F. Bellevue capitalized on many Dayton mistakes. As some would say yes Bellevue cause a couple of those mistakes. Just would have loved to see a good played game by both cause it would have been fun to watch. Cause that was not fun. Maybe for a Bellevue fan yes. I just know Dayton is better than what twy put out there on Friday night.

Count me as one surprised by this score. I really thought Dayton could pull off the upset in this one. I was wrong by a long way. Did #18 play for Dayton? One player isn't going to change a score like this but he is a key player in Dayton's offense.

#18 (Logan Brewer) did indeed play. What the others fail to mention is he was at 50% to START the game, and like any other injury in cold weather it deteriorated throughout the game. As you said, he would not have made a 50 point swing. I would like to see the game with him at 100% though. He is so hard nosed he changes the entire mentality of the Dayton offense.

How bout the performance of Cameron Pangallo from his LB position. He broke the BHS record for scoring 3 touchdowns from his Defensive position, two on interceptions and one on a fumble recovery. He had double digit tackles as well. The kid is a very good football player and a nice addition to the Tigers. Pangallo was in the Ft. Thomas district all through grade school and Jr High. Lawrey is another kid that transferred in from Ft. Thomas int he past couple years. Small schools like Bellevue really need players of this caliber and it looks like both of these kids are making the best of their opportunities.

How bout the performance of Cameron Pangallo from his LB position. He broke the BHS record for scoring 3 touchdowns from his Defensive position, two on interceptions and one on a fumble recovery. He had double digit tackles as well. The kid is a very good football player and a nice addition to the Tigers. Pangallo was in the Ft. Thomas district all through grade school and Jr High. Lawrey is another kid that transferred in from Ft. Thomas int he past couple years. Small schools like Bellevue really need players of this caliber and it looks like both of these kids are making the best of their opportunities.

Lawrey and Pangallo were both huge for the Tigers Friday. Grant got our Player of the game award. Nice kid and he was great to talk to in my post game interview.

Before the game, Coach Croley said that plain and simple they wanted to give Huff the ball as much as possible and let him work since they felt he was an advantage...he didn't disappoint. Huge runs to get the Tigers out in front and then the Bellevue D did their thing getting stops and forcing turnovers.

I'm a little surprised Dayton didn't pass more. They had the tight end open a lot out in the flats on the opposite side of the field. That throw back across the field was open all night. Second half Walker took a beating out of the "wild devil" formation. Absolutely no where for him to go.

If you want to watch the replay go to Nkysports.com and click on the webcasts link.

Lawrey and Pangallo were both huge for the Tigers Friday. Grant got our Player of the game award. Nice kid and he was great to talk to in my post game interview.

Before the game, Coach Croley said that plain and simple they wanted to give Huff the ball as much as possible and let him work since they felt he was an advantage...he didn't disappoint. Huge runs to get the Tigers out in front and then the Bellevue D did their thing getting stops and forcing turnovers.

I'm a little surprised Dayton didn't pass more. They had the tight end open a lot out in the flats on the opposite side of the field. That throw back across the field was open all night. Second half Walker took a beating out of the "wild devil" formation. Absolutely no where for him to go.

If you want to watch the replay go to Nkysports.com and click on the webcasts link.

Very nice. Thank you Walter.

Walker is a very good player, runs really hard. I was very impressed with him.

Bellevue defense made alot of aligmnet mistakes, but when you get after people that dont show up as bad. Part of that was proably when Bellevue Strong Saftey Justin Hatch got hurt and went out of the game early in the 1st quarter.

Good luck to Dayton in the playoffs.

You got hoops on your mind Walter. LOL Grant graduated from NCC a couple years ago.

Cameron Pangallo- son of Rocco Pangallo former Newport player from late 80's.