Obama and the economy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price of gas is virtually unchanged but you want to ignore the fact that the dow doubled. Talk about cherry picking!

How is it unchanged? You pick and choose the stats, I just responded. The DOW had dropped. Gas had dropped. Both came back up. You focus on one. Why? Don't answer that, we all know why.

No argument on this from me. You are what your record says you are, right?

No, you are what the public thinks your record is. That's why politicians and their supporters spend so much time rewriting history. The problem for current politicians is that the internet and cable make it hard to run and hide, even from the ADHD american voters.

Answer what? Do you want to defend Obama's economic record? He sure doesn't.

For the third time what economic factors are you looking at to support your argument that President Obama doesn't care about the economy? I'll defend his record all day long. The stock market and job numbers don't lie. You are either unclear as to just how bad the economy was when he took office or worse intentionally arguing that it was somehow his fault.

How is it unchanged? You pick and choose the stats, I just responded. The DOW had dropped. Gas had dropped. Both came back up. You focus on one. Why? Don't answer that, we all know why.

It is unchanged because gas was around $4 a gallon for a large portion of President Bush's 2nd term. In July of 2008 it was over $4 a gallon. They dipped due to demand dropping. Sure the Dow dropped with the economic crisis and with steps started by President Bush (bailout) and furthered by Obama (stimulus) it along with jobs have improved. So the price of gas has stayed the same aside from a very brief few month dip. I focus on one because one hasn't changed and the other has due to policies of our previous and current presidents. BTW I didn't mentioned the price of gas, you did.

Thanks for replying but what I really want is for someone to point me in the direction of the system of mathmatics that doubles 8,000 and makes it 13,000.

The market was in a middle of a tailspin that bottomed out on March 9th 2009 at 6547 it's now at 13,090. I can post another chart if you'd like.

The Dow has doubled since he took office

The market was in a middle of a tailspin that bottomed out on March 9th 2009 at 6547 it's now at 13,090. I can post another chart if you'd like.

Your first statement is factual incorrect. The Dow has not doubled since he took office. Now if you remove the first 49 days of his term then yes the Dow has doubled.

And gas price have doubled since Jan 2009 if you bother to look at your own chart you would see that but thinks for making my point.