Obama and the economy

First of all I said cut taxes, stop spending, and raise interest rates. I noticed you picked out one of the three. Of course anyone who supports Obama doesn't want to address the spending issue.

So far here is what appears to me to be more important to Obama than the economy:

1. Obamacare

2. Amnesty for illegal aliens

3. Gay marriage

4. A woman's right to chose

5. The enviroment

6. Making sure that the rest of the world likes us

7. Making sure the rich pay their fair share

8. And expanding every government program under the sun.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I said cut taxes, stop spending, and raise interest rates. I noticed you picked out one of the three. Of course anyone who supports Obama doesn't want to address the spending issue.

So far here is what appears to me to be more important to Obama than the economy:

1. Obamacare

2. Amnesty for illegal aliens

3. Gay marriage

4. A woman's right to chose

5. The enviroment

6. Making sure that the rest of the world likes us

7. Making sure the rich pay their fair share

8. And expanding every government program under the sun.

You can't just say "cut spending." Where are you going to cut? Some spending is necessary. Other spending is not. Be specific.

I am not smart enough to discuss interest rates.

Tell me why taxes being cut over the last 10 or so years hasn't helped but they should be cut now.

You can't just say "cut spending." Where are you going to cut? Some spending is necessary. Other spending is not. Be specific.

I am not smart enough to discuss interest rates.

Tell me why taxes being cut over the last 10 or so years hasn't helped but they should be cut now.

Sure I can. You can start by looking at what has increase so much over the past 10 years. Look Bush spent like a drunken sailor also. The current deficit isn't all on Obama but the additions going forward are.

You surely aren't referring to that 1.83 thing are you? We all remember that gas was just as high as it is now during President Bush's 2nd term. What policy or law has been implemented since January of 2009 that has caused gas to go up?

Wait a minute? You pick one spot on the DOW and then you want to argue gas???? Gasoline cost is a much more personal item to americans than the DOW. Nice cherry picking. What policy or law has been implemented since January of 2009 to cause the increase in the DOW?

The UE rate is a legit issue. I'd say it's a bit misleading to say the gas doubled. It was about $3.90 right before he took office. Took a big drop due to the economy going south quickly.

UE would be the fair complaint.

And of course the same could be said for the DOW. I was just pointing out a similar stat.

Bottom line is that Obama owns this economy and has since late in his first year. That's just the way it goes. He can try to run but he can't hide from it. It's the American way, right or wrong. He's not the first and he won't be the last to get caught up in a poor economy.

The weak economy of 2008 and the market crash that followed where both big reasons that Obama got elected. If my memory serves me correctly he basically pounded the economy during his campaign. Yet 4 years later here we sit. Economy still weak, unemployment still high, and gas price at $4. Yet there seems to be no discussion of the economy from the Obama camp.

So in essence in 4 years the economy went from being his biggest issue to not an issue at all but the economy hasn't changed, if anything it's worse.

Wait a minute? You pick one spot on the DOW and then you want to argue gas???? Gasoline cost is a much more personal item to americans than the DOW. Nice cherry picking. What policy or law has been implemented since January of 2009 to cause the increase in the DOW?

The price of gas is virtually unchanged but you want to ignore the fact that the dow doubled. Talk about cherry picking!

The weak economy of 2008 and the market crash that followed where both big reasons that Obama got elected. If my memory serves me correctly he basically pounded the economy during his campaign. Yet 4 years later here we sit. Economy still weak, unemployment still high, and gas price at $4. Yet there seems to be no discussion of the economy from the Obama camp.

So in essence in 4 years the economy went from being his biggest issue to not an issue at all but the economy hasn't changed, if anything it's worse.

Again, since you refused to answer the last time. What factors are you using to make your argument that the economy is weak?

Bottom line is that Obama owns this economy and has since late in his first year. That's just the way it goes. He can try to run but he can't hide from it. It's the American way, right or wrong. He's not the first and he won't be the last to get caught up in a poor economy.

No argument on this from me. You are what your record says you are, right?