Hank Jr Opens His Mouth Again

Clyde

The only difference, is that Hank Williams Jr was talking to fellow US citizens while the Dixie Chicks were in a foreign country bashing the president. Many celebrities had bashed W, but what seemed to incense everyone is that they were doing it in another country. JMO

The only difference, is that Hank Williams Jr was talking to fellow US citizens while the Dixie Chicks were in a foreign country bashing the president. Many celebrities had bashed W, but what seemed to incense everyone is that they were doing it in another country. JMO

I agree that's how many rationalize it. This is 100% unadulterated ignorance with no basis of truth.

The beauty of our country is that ignoramuses like Hank can stand up and say this.

One of my pet peeves is celebrities making political statements of any kind just for the sake of making them. Most are less informed than the average BGP poster but because they have a open mike they think that what they think is important and everyone needs to hear it.

Surprised that you didn't mention Madonna and her Russian tour!

I mean if Hank is an ignoramuses, what is she, for breaking the Law?

Link

"Anti-gay sentiment is strong in Russia. In St. Petersburg, a law passed in February makes it illegal to promote homosexuality to minors, and the author of that law has pointed to the presence of children as young as 12 at Madonna's concert on Aug. 9." "The complaint includes a video taken at the concert showing Madonna stomping on an Orthodox cross and asking fans to raise their hands to show the pink armbands in support of gays and lesbians that were distributed among the audience, the new agency reported."

Just saying, whats good for one, is good for the other!

You do agree don't you Clyde?idunno.gif

Edited by Theoldguy

What Hanks do you mean?

Hank Jr. and Hank III.

Obviously Hank III isn't as popular as his daddy (his music is actually much better though) but he probably isn't afraid to say what's on his mind either. I just don't think he's as political as daddy is.

Surprised that you didn't mention Madonna and her Russian tour!

I mean if Hank is an ignoramuses, what is she, for breaking the Law?

Link

"Anti-gay sentiment is strong in Russia. In St. Petersburg, a law passed in February makes it illegal to promote homosexuality to minors, and the author of that law has pointed to the presence of children as young as 12 at Madonna's concert on Aug. 9." "The complaint includes a video taken at the concert showing Madonna stomping on an Orthodox cross and asking fans to raise their hands to show the pink armbands in support of gays and lesbians that were distributed among the audience, the new agency reported."

Just saying, whats good for one, is good for the other!

You do agree don't you Clyde?idunno.gif

Only similar in that both ran their mouth.

If you want to be political as a singer go right ahead. Live with the consequences like the Dixie Chicks did. If Hank Jr doesn't like the POTUS I've got no problem with that. Complain about unemployment. Complain about the economy. Just don't show your ignorance and say crazy stuff.

Madonna took a political stand against homosexuality. My guess is she was prepared to get arrested. She didn't lie. She didn't make things up.

As to the issue of children being there. If you're dumb enough to bring a 12 yr old to a Madonna show that's on you as a parent.

I'm not a fan of either one of them.

Edited by spindoc