LT hanging it up and doing so as a Charger

What is the significance of retiring as a Charger? I know he spent most of his career and his great years there, but does retiring as a Charger change anything? This has become a trend over the past 5-10 years and I don't really see what the big deal is. If you are going to retire, just announce it and move on.

Strictly ceremonial.

What is the significance of retiring as a Charger? I know he spent most of his career and his great years there, but does retiring as a Charger change anything? This has become a trend over the past 5-10 years and I don't really see what the big deal is. If you are going to retire, just announce it and move on.

For guys like Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Ladanian...it's pretty cool to see them return to the team that made them famous and retire. I like it. It's too bad Favre was so stubborn. He should have retired a Packer. Oh well, I like Rodgers way way way way way way way way better than Favre anyways.

For guys like Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Ladanian...it's pretty cool to see them return to the team that made them famous and retire. I like it. It's too bad Favre was so stubborn. He should have retired a Packer. Oh well, I like Rodgers way way way way way way way way better than Favre anyways.

I just don't get it. So you get to have a press conference with the old team's insignia in the background. Whoop ti do. It just seems like a whole lot of trouble for no real reason other than ceremony.

I just don't get it. So you get to have a press conference with the old team's insignia in the background. Whoop ti do. It just seems like a whole lot of trouble for no real reason other than ceremony.

Several football players have done it over the past few years.

I know. All I see is ego being served in some way. What other reason is there for it?

Not sure the reason. Ego with some but others want to retire with the team they spent the most time. Isaac Brue did it and he was not egotistical at all.

Lets say Barry Larkin played his final MLB season with another team, Wouldnt it make sense for him to be honored by the Reds and officially retire as a Red...I dont see the big issue with signing with a team or whatever it is they do in order to retire with that team...I think it is only for certain players but it pays respect to the orginization that drafted them or they spent the majority of there careers with, it gives the player a nice final send off and I think the fans also enjoy this...Im sure there are many more LT fans in Socal than NYC and the fans really respect him more for coming back to retire, most Jets fans could care less...

I don't really see how this would be an egotistical move. The people who benefit the most from this are the organization, I'm sure they will make money off of this one way or another, as well as gain good publicity. Why else would we in Cincy have a reason to pay any attention to the Chargers right now? I think the fans also appreciate it.