Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JBS 58 Allen Central 45

Featured Replies

Like Allen Central hasn't been beat this year until they ran up on JBS. Like "The Stepps "had to get the refs on their side to win this one. ;) I respect Allen Central. They never give up, and you are not making them look very good.

 

You sir don't seem to read post on BGP in detail. If you look above in Post #3 you will see that I made no excuse for Allen Central's lack of intensity last night. Also, I never said, "had to get the refs on their side to win this one," Get your facts straight before you dish out nonsense.

 

Yes, AC has been beaten more times than not this season, yet last night was the worst, one-sided officiated game I've watched this season. And facts are facts Jack, ALC alumni are officiating JBS basketball games and you or nobody else can make an excuse as to why this is fair for any opponent.

 

Just "MY" Opinion. :fire:

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win JBS. I would like to see a tougher schedule for them next year though. Maybe Estill county. I'd like to see that. But play in Irvine for me, its a long drive out to JBS...haha. But I'm gonna wait till the PCC game to see how good they really are. Pretty weak schedule so far. Dont get me wrong....i am not bashing those kids, just saying playin Piarist, David School, Allen Central, Riverside...not top notch competition.IMO.

 

 

 

I think JBS' schedule last year was a huge detriment to them and i think the district game with jackson City proved that. This year, I think it is obvious that their schedule is beefed up pretty well. They do have some of the traditional gimmes on there, but that isn't too bad. Most schools have games on their schedule that serve that purpose. With the Berea tournament, plus the fact that they are playing the top teams in the region such as PCC, Hazard and Letcher Central does show that their schedule is tougher. This team could very well be "for real". A 13 - 14 point loss to Henry Clay isn't too bad for a team from this area as i think anyone in the 14th would struggle to be competitive with the Blue Devils. I think everyone will know more after their Jan. 10 game at PCC as to where the Crusaders stack up in the region.

  • Author
You sir don't seem to read post on BGP in detail. If you look above in Post #3 you will see that I made no excuse for Allen Central's lack of intensity last night. Also, I never said, "had to get the refs on their side to win this one," Get your facts straight before you dish out nonsense.

 

Yes, AC has been beaten more times than not this season, yet last night was the worst, one-sided officiated game I've watched this season. And facts are facts Jack, ALC alumni are officiating JBS basketball games and you or nobody else can make an excuse as to why this is fair for any opponent.

 

Just "MY" Opinion. :fire:

Maybe you should go back and read it. Sounds like a "refs took the game " to me. I heard some one from the AC side hollar "He just fell by his self" as one of JBS boys flew up in the air and hit the floor with a thud. I Don't think you have to worry about them not playing hard.

Maybe you should go back and read it. Sounds like a "refs took the game " to me.

 

Nowhere did stark ever state the "refs took the game"... He makes some very valid points about the officiating. Maybe someone just has a chip on their shoulder... :sssh:

I am glad to see JBS playing good this year. I wish them all the luck the rest of the year!!

stark,I know the official you are talking about and it is the first time I have ever seen him call one of their games in many years. I actually didnt think the game would have been as close as it was, but I give credit to AC coaching staff for playing a zone and making JBS beat them from the outside. I agree the Stepp brothers would take any advantage if they could get it, but I just didnt see that being the factor in the game.IMO

June Buchanan is not a school with 1000 kids that typically plays large schools. They're a tiny school that happens to have some great sophomores and freshmen. Their schedule will get tougher over the next couple years, but they will always play small schools just like them. They have some exceptional players, and their coaches are looking to bring them along at the varsity level. If two years from now they go through a season withou playing a top 20 team outside of their region, I'd say that would be noteworthy. But how many teams whose 2 best players are a sophomore and 8h grader are barnstroming around the state taking on all comers? None.

 

It also doesn't help that the 14th and 15th regions just don't have very many standout teams to play. June Buchanan is 3-2 vs teams outside of those two regions, with those teams having a combined record of 32-18. They have one bad loss against Cumberland. That's not a top 20 resume, but it's a lot better than most teams they'll be playing.

You are 100 % correct about the size but just like University Heights you seem to find kids to come in and play and with a college overseeing the program I look for JBS to become a powerhouse. Hopefully the state will seperate public and private schools during the tournament.

  • Author
Nowhere did stark ever state the "refs took the game"... He makes some very valid points about the officiating. Maybe someone just has a chip on their shoulder... :sssh:

Maybe you. He implied that the refs were one sided. What does that mean to you?

  • Author
You are 100 % correct about the size but just like University Heights you seem to find kids to come in and play and with a college overseeing the program I look for JBS to become a powerhouse. Hopefully the state will seperate public and private schools during the tournament.

Stepp, Cox and Collins have been there all their school years. Who are you talking about coming in?

I agree the Stepp brothers would take any advantage if they could get it, but I just didnt see that being the factor in the game.IMO

 

I have to say it "was" a factor in the contest. AC never could get into any sort of rhythm offensively due to Garrison Collins having his way in the paint defensively. And Clark Stepp did his share of "hooking" players as he drove by them the entire night.

 

At one point, a timeout was called by JBS midway through the 4th quarter when AC caused back-to-back turnovers by a 1-2-1-1 press. The ALC alumnus officiating the contest, was at the far end away from the JBS bench and somehow heard Gary Stepp call a timeout. I was sitting behind Coach Stepp and there was no way the official could've heard it. Even AC coach Johnny Martin looked in disbelief at the whistle being blown.

 

Again, AC lacked intensity the entire night and that was their major downfall. Officials have nothing to do with a team turning the ball over and that's the Rebels main problem, which led to the loss. Yet the officiating was embarrassing.

Maybe you. He implied that the refs were one sided. What does that mean to you?

 

You accusations and assumptions wouldn't stand up in the court of law or public opinion. You can't settle to argue with what I actually posted because you know in your pea-picking heart that the officiating was embarrassing. :sssh:

I think JBS would have won the game no matter where it was played or who the refs were IMO!!

He implied that the refs were one sided. What does that mean to you?

 

It means that he is right...

It means that he is right...

 

:thumb:

 

So now I'm a sore loser "In My Opinion"? If I'm such a big Allen Central fan then my rump must stay red. :lol:

 

I will tell you this - I'm sick of the politics of high school basketball. And last night's JBS/AC game was a perfect example, whether you will admit to the facts or not. :sssh:

 

The really sad part is this - That the politics surrounding JBS and the Stepps only has a reach as far as the end of Route 899 at Pippa Passes. Their power doesn't extend on out to Highway 160 where the Patriots of Knott Central call home, just ask any fan of previous district/regional tournaments held inside that small area between those teams. :thumb:

stark,you are right about one thing ...the Stepp clan and the kcc bunch surely do hate each other...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.