JBS 58 Allen Central 45

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win JBS. I would like to see a tougher schedule for them next year though. Maybe Estill county. I'd like to see that. But play in Irvine for me, its a long drive out to JBS...haha. But I'm gonna wait till the PCC game to see how good they really are. Pretty weak schedule so far. Dont get me wrong....i am not bashing those kids, just saying playin Piarist, David School, Allen Central, Riverside...not top notch competition.IMO.

One of the worst "one-sided" officiated contest this season.

JBS committed 6 fouls for the entire contest before picking up a final foul with under a minute to play to finish with 7. Allen Central committed 17 fouls with 11 or 12 of those called in the second half. Absolutely amazing that this was allowed to happen.

Also, I personally think that it's in bad taste to see alumni of Alice Lloyd College "officiating" the contest for their former College coaches the Stepps, who are in charge on the sidelines for JBS. I would expect more class than that from an institiution such as the college and private school. You know who you are.

Best of luck to JBS in the future, you will need it when you are not playing at home or when you're forced to play a contest without hometown alumni officiating the game.

Allen Central - the officiating was a factor in your loss, yet you need to bring more intensity to the basketball. Total lack of aggressiveness on the part of the Rebels tonight. Good luck Coach Martin in the future, the season is far from over, and hopefully better games are on the horizon.

I have watched every team in the 14th play this year except Lee and Estill co and I think Jbs is one of the better teams I have watched. I think it takes a win over a big school for a small school to get any respect. I looked on the khsaa website at june buchanans schedule and they have alot of good games on it. IMO every game cant be a tough game.

Nice win JBS. I would like to see a tougher schedule for them next year though. Maybe Estill county. I'd like to see that. But play in Irvine for me, its a long drive out to JBS...haha. But I'm gonna wait till the PCC game to see how good they really are. Pretty weak schedule so far. Dont get me wrong....i am not bashing those kids, just saying playin Piarist, David School, Allen Central, Riverside...not top notch competition.IMO.

And Henry Clay

They also lost that game too...im not saying that all teams they play are gimmies, but maybe drop one of the piarist or david school games and come play Estill or Lee or someone like that. Better competition breeds better basketball, thats all. I like the team JBS puts on the floor, just think they could use a couple of better games.

JBS has just played in the Berea Tournament , winning 3 games and coming in third, with Cox and Stepp making the all tournament team. Not too shabby. JBS beat Fleming Co., Mongomery Co. and Berea and Henry Clay beat JBS but is wasn't a lose to be ashamed of.

Here comes the JBS fans to try to put out any talk about JBS other that they are the kings of the bluegrass. Listen up. I am not putting this team down. They are one of the top teams in the region, but I think they only hurt themselves in the long run by playing these smaller schools as many times as they do. Thats all. Cmon guys, dont crucify me for saying they play a lot of weak teams. They play some strong competition too.

June Buchanan is not a school with 1000 kids that typically plays large schools. They're a tiny school that happens to have some great sophomores and freshmen. Their schedule will get tougher over the next couple years, but they will always play small schools just like them. They have some exceptional players, and their coaches are looking to bring them along at the varsity level. If two years from now they go through a season withou playing a top 20 team outside of their region, I'd say that would be noteworthy. But how many teams whose 2 best players are a sophomore and 8h grader are barnstroming around the state taking on all comers? None.

It also doesn't help that the 14th and 15th regions just don't have very many standout teams to play. June Buchanan is 3-2 vs teams outside of those two regions, with those teams having a combined record of 32-18. They have one bad loss against Cumberland. That's not a top 20 resume, but it's a lot better than most teams they'll be playing.

as far as the ref issue,I dont think the home school has a choice on who refs their games,i think it is decided by the regions director of officials. He probably tries to have refs call games close to home with gas being 3 dollars per gallon.

as far as the ref issue,I dont think the home school has a choice on who refs their games,i think it is decided by the regions director of officials. He probably tries to have refs call games close to home with gas being 3 dollars per gallon.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you think the Stepp Brothers have no "choice on who refs their games" you are fooling yourself. :rolleyes:

Having former players officiating your games is very disrespectful to your opponent.

As for JBS having a top team in the 14th. They can get hot and will challenge for the All "A" Regional Championship, however, the Crusaders will have the best record of any team in the state that doesn't make it out of the first round of their own district tournament. Write it down.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you think the Stepp Brothers have no "choice on who refs their games" you are fooling yourself. :rolleyes:

Having former players officiating your games is very disrespectful to your opponent.

As for JBS having a top team in the 14th. They can get hot and will challenge for the All "A" Regional Championship, however, the Crusaders will have the best record of any team in the state that doesn't make it out of the first round of their own district tournament. Write it down.

Like Allen Central hasn't been beat this year until they ran up on JBS. Like "The Stepps "had to get the refs on their side to win this one. ;) I respect Allen Central. They never give up, and you are not making them look very good.