Why wouldn't the SEC go after FSU?

stick1

I've heard that FSU doesn't bring high academics to the table. I believe they are at the bottom of the ACC.

Since when does academics matter? Maybe a loooooooo-ng time ago. But now that the almighty dollar and the 'world-wide leader" dictate everything, academics in the discussion seems trite.

Since when does academics matter? Maybe a loooooooo-ng time ago. But now that the almighty dollar and the 'world-wide leader" dictate everything, academics in the discussion seems trite.

It's not "academics" in the strict intellectual sense. Much of it is again driven by money and the amount of research dollars flowing around major universities and the size of endowments DWARF the amount of money even the biggest athletic programs can deliver.

It's not "academics" in the strict intellectual sense. Much of it is again driven by money and the amount of research dollars flowing around major universities and the size of endowments DWARF the amount of money even the biggest athletic programs can deliver.

I understand the research dollars, endowments, academic integrity and such can entice universities to bind together around such commonality and form a "conference" (ie Ivy league). That being said, it has little to NOTHING to do with the blatant money grab going on with major college FB. The other sports matter as much as the science department research on moth migration. I truly feel Congress will be looking acutely at this situation and the "golden goose" may be led to slaughter.

I've heard from a good source at Ole Miss that the SEC/Big 12 had a gentelmans agreement sending clemson and FSU to Big 12 and UNC and Virginia to the SEC.

Why would the SEC want Virginia. I could see Virginia Tech, but I don't think Virginia brings anything in football or basketball.

When the SEC goes to 16 they will add Va Tech and NC State. Va Tech can help bring in the DC TV market, and NC State the Charlotte TV market. Duke and UNC will not split up. UVA bring nothing to support that and neither does FSU or GA Tech.

When the SEC goes to 16 they will add Va Tech and NC State. Va Tech can help bring in the DC TV market, and NC State the Charlotte TV market. Duke and UNC will not split up. UVA bring nothing to support that and neither does FSU or GA Tech.

UNC brings a vastly bigger national market than NC State or Va Tech. Trust me when the cards start to fall it will be UVA and UNC. UNC will not be married to Duke when the ACC begins to crumble.

I understand the research dollars, endowments, academic integrity and such can entice universities to bind together around such commonality and form a "conference" (ie Ivy league). That being said, it has little to NOTHING to do with the blatant money grab going on with major college FB. The other sports matter as much as the science department research on moth migration. I truly feel Congress will be looking acutely at this situation and the "golden goose" may be led to slaughter.

That would be bad IMO. Doesn't the "golden goose" pay for nearly every other athletic program at nearly every school.