Kentucky Basketball 2012-2013 OOC schedule

dolamite

With the Indiana game scratched, and likely UNC soon to follow what can we expect out of next years OOC (out of conference schedule)?

What are some games you would like to see and what are some games we could expect as real possibilities?

Team's I've heard bounced around lately as possible opponents for next season.....

Kansas

Texas

UCLA

Ohio State

I'd love to see UCLA with them getting Shabazz and a few other solid recruits. I think it would definitely be a fun game.

Really, I'd like to see any of the four besides Texas. I sort of with they would start a series of some sort with OSU.

My understanding was that Coach Cal wants marquee neutral-site games instead of marquee home-and-home matchups. Two reasons - to better prepare for the dance (agreed), and because of wildly fluctuating rosters from year to year, trouble winning at places like the Dean Dome and Assembly Hall (disagree strongly with the message that UK won't be good enough to compete against quality opponents on the road).

I'd rather see IU 100000000000000000X more than any of these games...

^agree.

Obviously, but since were not going to get it all we can hope for is the next best options. At the end of the day Crean knew he had an advantage in Bloomington and he did not want to give up the advantage. Calipari even offered to play both games in the state of Indiana and Tommy Boy still refused. Very tragic for this to be the year the rivalry ends. Out of the entire decade of IU being irrelevant it had to be the year they are going to be a top 3 team nationally.

My understanding was that Coach Cal wants marquee neutral-site games instead of marquee home-and-home matchups. Two reasons - to better prepare for the dance (agreed), and because of wildly fluctuating rosters from year to year, trouble winning at places like the Dean Dome and Assembly Hall (disagree strongly with the message that UK won't be good enough to compete against quality opponents on the road).

Pitino was a lot like this at UK as well, although I don't know if the reasons were the same. Those are two of the reasons Cal gave for wanting neutral-site games. The third is that over a two-year span, revenue is greater at a neutral site as opposed to home-and-home.

For PR purposes, I think he would have been better off to just stick with the reason that I too agree with--that you want to play in large, neutral venues to prepare your team for the NCAA Tournament.

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm reading Cal's article right, UK will play Baylor @ Rupp this season (on CBS). In 2013-14, both the UK men & women will play Baylor @ Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.

Cal also says that in 2013-14, the UNC series will be picked back up. Says he wanted to get the UNC & UL games to be opposite of each other in terms of location (when we're playing UL on the road, we've got UNC at home & vice versa). Also says he's working with Coach K to get an annual series with Duke which will take place in a big, neutral court venue.

Scheduling: I want to create experiences, not just games - CoachCal.com

If I'm reading Cal's article right, UK will play Baylor @ Rupp this season (on CBS). In 2013-14, both the UK men & women will play Baylor @ Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.

Cal also says that in 2013-14, the UNC series will be picked back up. Says he wanted to get the UNC & UL games to be opposite of each other in terms of location (when we're playing UL on the road, we've got UNC at home & vice versa). Also says he's working with Coach K to get an annual series with Duke which will take place in a big, neutral court venue.

Scheduling: I want to create experiences, not just games - CoachCal.com

I still want Indiana on the schedule but I like what Cal's doing over all.