The Occupy protesters.

jericho

Who is or what party is responsible for these people or what drum do they beat too?

Seems they ravaged Seattle.

Isn't this on the same road as the Brown Shirts did in Germany to get the NAZi Party officials voted in and to protest unemployment and the Depression.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cops_make_arrests_investigate_suspicious_9JDGEU7KubNA5VOwZss9WM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2018116330_maydayprotest02m.html

The party of anything I can do to keep from working.
Typical thought, But, a large majority of occupiers have jobs.

But to respond to Ref's question. Every one of the people that caused trouble in Seattle were more than likely anarchist, who used "black bloc" tactics, black bloc is a "tactic" not an organization, they just want to create chaos. They did this in Oakland back in November when they have a march with about 80,000 - 90,000 people, only a few were causing trouble. Same thing happened on the world occupation day back in October when over 300,000 marched in Rome, there were about 500 anarchist using black bloc that turned the thing into chaos. They are all dressed the same, so it's difficult to find out which person did what when you see them doing something wrong, they just blend in with the ones who were not doing anything wrong.

What is the motive behind the Occupy protesters and do they have a particular party preference?

The movement actually had a good cause in the beginning, but has included way too many causes and most people who were either in the group or supported them have left months ago. They really do not have a political preference, but back during the first two months, in September and October, it was a good mix of all parties. As far as your motive question, there is no clue anymore, as I said, they took a good thing and included too many things and now have lost their way, where a lot of the core group who started the movement or supported them have even left a while ago.

The movement actually had a good cause in the beginning, but has included way too many causes and most people who were either in the group or supported them have left months ago. They really do not have a political preference, but back during the first two months, in September and October, it was a good mix of all parties. As far as your motive question, there is no clue anymore, as I said, they took a good thing and included too many things and now have lost their way, where a lot of the core group who started the movement or supported them have even left a while ago.

The bolded is HIGHLY debatable...

The bolded is HIGHLY debatable...
Holding Wall St. accountable? Making people in DC play by the same rules such as insider trading as everyone else have to play by? Just to name a couple.

But as I mentioned before, the movement lost it's way a long time ago and the majority of people left because it was being taken over by people with either certain or too many interests. You cannot have a movement when you go all over the board with issues that concern them.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

Typical thought, But, a large majority of occupiers have jobs.

But to respond to Ref's question. Every one of the people that caused trouble in Seattle were more than likely anarchist, who used "black bloc" tactics, black bloc is a "tactic" not an organization, they just want to create chaos. They did this in Oakland back in November when they have a march with about 80,000 - 90,000 people, only a few were causing trouble. Same thing happened on the world occupation day back in October when over 300,000 marched in Rome, there were about 500 anarchist using black bloc that turned the thing into chaos. They are all dressed the same, so it's difficult to find out which person did what when you see them doing something wrong, they just blend in with the ones who were not doing anything wrong.

The large majority of occupiers were camping out for weeks. Sorry but no job I know allows you to not show up for weeks at a time. Some of the more regional protests that lasted only a few hours on a Sat afternoon is a different story.

I am all for a good protest. But the people that are just out there protesting to be protesting that have little grasp of what is happening in the world I have little regard for. It really diminishes the efforts of legitimate protestors.

The large majority of occupiers were camping out for weeks. Sorry but no job I know allows you to not show up for weeks at a time. Some of the more regional protests that lasted only a few hours on a Sat afternoon is a different story.

Not all were there 24/7 for days or weeks on end, most rotated, some took vacation days, a lot of students came during the night and went to school during the day. 70-80% had jobs, A 1/3 of all occupiers were over 40, between 10-15% made over $70,000 per year. And to answer one of Refs questions, a large majority identified themselves as independents.

I'll let you in on a little secret, since my time was over months ago. But some may recall me mentioning a few times in threads about this, as I was there, I was hired to "keep an eye on" the group in Cincy, oddly enough but as was hoped, they in turn hired me to do security for them, (as it was not the best area to be in, not even during the day) and I brought on two others who were also there "keeping an eye on them". Yes, I was double dipping, lol. Sitting there all night watching over things, then saying I was "taking a walk alone" and meeting up with people a few blocks away to touch base about some of the protesters. (Don't believe me, there are plenty of pics of me doing just that).

I got to know just about everyone who camped out in Cincy, as well as the many other people who came to the nightly meetings, and the rally's and marches. The majority came for just a few reasons, but as I mentioend before, many other "causes" were dumped in as well, which kills any movement and peoples interests. As well as being hijacked by people with agenda's such as the Homeless Coalition who's main beef was with 3CDC in Cincy. After about a month, when people started to see the agendas of those taking over, people left the movement, by Thanksgiving the only ones left were basically hard-core activists who seen this as an opportunity to unite. They were protesting everything by this point, and then three specific "events" that were PR nightmares (sad thing is some didn't see it as being that) got even more people to leave, and they were down to just a few dozen people in Cincy.

But to hit on what bugatti mentioned about a good protest and grasping what is happening in the world. There were several people who wanted to break away and have a new movement, one in which it would be suggested that you study up on topics, research and be tested (not really a pass fail thing), so that people would know what in the world they were out there for and at least sound halfway intelligent if they talk to people or get intereviewed. A good trick by the news was to find every single homeless person or person who was "a bit off" to interview. A lot of homeless people did come at night, one they were giving away food to anyone, and with security, it was the safest place for them to sleep out on the street. But, the new movement failed to gain steam as people were so frustrated and drained from the people who took over Occupy.

Okay, that's it for now, lol.