Simon Kenton's Football Schedule 2012

uk#1fan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What public school program is a challenge to Highlands? By the way, why doesn't Highlands schedule Trinity???? Always a bigger fish!!!!!!

Since this is a SK thread, feel free to start another Highlands/Trinity thread to debate why they should or shouldn't play each other.

What public school program is a challenge to Highlands? By the way, why doesn't Highlands schedule Trinity???? Always a bigger fish!!!!!!

Apparently, they were going to but it was the same week as ELDER. So they stuck with the scrimmage with Trinity.

Lite schedule. 6A school playing a A and a 2A. Don't give me the small school perennial power spiel either. SK has nothing to gain from wins over these schools. If SK beats either or both, my take will remain that a 6A school should beat an A or 2A. It's not like SK is under funded or has no resources. If SK wins, all they can say is they beat a name. SK winning against either of them is like Joakim Noah braggin that he dunked on Derrick Rose.

Lite schedule. 6A school playing a A and a 2A. Don't give me the small school perennial power spiel either. SK has nothing to gain from wins over these schools. If SK beats either or both, my take will remain that a 6A school should beat an A or 2A. It's not like SK is under funded or has no resources. If SK wins, all they can say is they beat a name. SK winning against either of them is like Joakim Noah braggin that he dunked on Derrick Rose.

Excluding Trinity and St. X, I'd say Beechwood beats any other 6A school in the state. Student body size is overrated as a parameter for evaluating competitiveness of a program. Location of a school in metropolitan area, close to freeways, and the ability to "Actively Attract"out of district talent are both more influential in determining the competitiveness of a program.

I'll concede the point on the 1A school, but Beechwood, no.

Excluding Trinity and St. X, I'd say Beechwood beats any other 6A school in the state. Student body size is overrated as a parameter for evaluating competitiveness of a program. Location of a school in metropolitan area, close to freeways, and the ability to "Actively Attract"out of district talent are both more influential in determining the competitiveness of a program.

"Actively Attract" sounds a lot like recruiting to me...lets just say that they have a product that people want to be a part of.

Have to disagree. No way they beat Scott Cty. And they would be hard pressed to beat Conner. I'm sure there are another half dozen or more teams they wouldn't beat. JMO.

Have to disagree. No way they beat Scott Cty. And they would be hard pressed to beat Conner. I'm sure there are another half dozen or more teams they wouldn't beat. JMO.

Beechwood crusched Conner last season.

Beechwood crusched Conner last season.

Seems everybody expects a big season out of Conner because of Mr. Barker. Just because you have a d1 quarterback, success on field is not guaranteed. Just ask the folks at Dixie. You still have to stop people once in while.