Best stadium atmosphere for football

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's just an aura present at ole Manual Stadium. For me, maybe part of it is just watching the young men run up the little hill after scoring a touchdown in the east endzone. I have a lot of both good and bad flashbacks everytime that happens. :thumb:

I always wanted to play at Putnam Stadium, I seen so many game tapes of them that I thought I knew the place, but I have never been there physically, but I would love to visit some day. I must throw in a 3rd vote for OLD MANUAL STADIUM, I love that field, I have only watched one game there but it was a dandy:

St. X vs. Manual 2001

Across the river Ironton's Tank Stadium and Portsmouth's Spartan Stadium are 1920's era NFL stadiums that are great places to see a game. I love the nostalgia of the truly old stadiums. The Pit at Cincinnati Elder is a great atmosphere for a game too.

I always enjoyed playing at Putnam. It' like you can reach out and touch the fans.

I also have to agree with goherd, TANK MEMORIAL and SPARTAN STADIUMS are loaded with nostalgia. Kinda made you feel like a gladiator back in the days.

BTW, Putnam's playing surface has got to be the best around right now.

Putnam, hands down, it the best from a fan's or a player's standpoint. As a player to come up out of that tunnel onto the field is quite an experience. As a fan, you walk in and the field level is below. And the crowd just engulfs the field. I've always felt it was quite a special place for HS football.

It was cut into an actual valley and all the hill sides surround the feild give a great seat even on the grass around the feild. The cemetary on the score board end hill side of the feild gives it an intimidating aoura. Their is always at least 3000 to 4000 people at each game and the fans are great. I think its the ideal atmosphere for highschool football.

I think Mongomery Co. has a great facility for football.

The Pit has got great atmosphere, but it is actually difficult to get a good place to view the game. Seating is in a horseshoe and there is quite a bit, but many of the seats are reserved for season ticket holder, so the visitors are left to scamper for the remaining seats with the non-season ticket holding purple nation. Plus I just think the way it is built there are a lot of bad seats.