Best stadium atmosphere for football

Originally posted by WILDMAN

Campbell Field at Denes Stadium in Corbin. That place has an aura about it like no other. The field is always in tip top condition to open the season. The festivities are always great before hand with the fireworks, music, ect. When you walk in on the side of the old concrete bleachers, you see all of the accomplishments and facts of "Pride and Tradition" painted in big red letters.

If you want to witness the perfect football atmosphere you all should attend the Cumberland Falls Pigskin classic in late August. If you want to witness the perfect football atmosphere and rowdy crowd. Come to Corbin during the late playoffs. Im sure my post could be argued my some fans of other schools but to me, there is just somethign special about Campbell Field at Denes Stadium in Corbin, KY.

Yep there is no place like it and I played high school ball in 2 states.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Oldbird

The Pit has got great atmosphere, but it is actually difficult to get a good place to view the game. Seating is in a horseshoe and there is quite a bit, but many of the seats are reserved for season ticket holder, so the visitors are left to scamper for the remaining seats with the non-season ticket holding purple nation. Plus I just think the way it is built there are a lot of bad seats.

It all depends on what time you get to the Pit. If you get there early about half hour before they open the gates you are fine. I usually get there around 5:45. That way I can run to the 40 on the horseshoe end of the visiting side when the gates open. If you get top row you are fine. If you get front row they are bad seats. I don't go to the horseshoe, because that is where the grade school kids watch/ mess around with each other.

For Kentucky I like Bellvue. Never seen a game, but like how the stands are really tall.

Guru, I take it you have never been there. If so, then you owe it to yourself to go there and watch a game. Preferably one where the Tomcats are playing a rival like Boyd or Ironton, etc. It is truly the greatest place to watch a football game. When you walk through that entrance the field level is below you and you are on the top row of the bleachers. It's magical. If you decide to go there, I have one suggestion.....Get Good Directions. It's hard to find and once we drove around town trying to find it when we could even see the lights and hear the band.

But, I will say the locker room issue DOES need to be taken care of:( On the other hand GolfRev, I'm sure that any team that wishes too, can use the showers in Verity's gym just across the alley from the Visitors locker room;) Its really not very far. I think I could do a couple of front rolls from the the door of the Visitors locker room to the door to the gym.