Best stadium atmosphere for football

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best that I have seen is "THE STADIUM OF CHAMPIONS" in Hop-town. It could house a small college easily. The only thing hurting it is the track around the field. I think football fields should be JUST that, football fields. Not "track and fields". Never the less, The tigers have a great place to play.

Also,yes I am biased, War Memorial Stadium in Mayfield is a very historic field. It gets used to death and always seems to look good. I know I loved to play there and love to go watch games now.

STADIUM OF CHAMPIONS in Hopkinsville is a beautiful stadium and a nice atmosphere.

WAR MEMORIAL in Mayfield. When that place is packed with those Cardinal Crazies it gets LOUD and it feels like thay are right on top of you. Great place to watch a game.

Hands down the best stadium I have ever visited is Hopkinsville. They treat their visitors right. Chairback seats and restrooms and concessions on the visitors side. Not many places are so nice to their visitors. I couldn't believe this was a high school facility.

The atmosphere was great. Great home crowd and the Rebels brought lots of fans. The game was intense. All and all worth the long trip to H-town.

I am definitely playin favorites here but Vipperman Stadium is the best as far as game atmosphere, "Death Valley" has been around forever & there's so much tradition at that stadium it's amazing, and there's still a 1,000 plus loud, hostile fans every friday night, and "tunnel time" is a beautiful sight. It's tough to visit, we back you up on between two mountains and put the visiting sideline right in front of the stands, not saying that everybodies intimidated but when you drag teams that really aren't from the mountains across a couple of them to the valley the amosphere alone is worth 7 points. It's a shame it'll be gone in a few years when Belfry gets thier new school & new field, but I think Vipperman Stadium will be in a lot of people's hearts and minds for a long time to come and definitely deserves to be on this list.:ylsuper:

When i was in school we played games at paul blazer and bell county. they really were there to support their teams and they actually hated us i think. that made for great atmosphere. (Of course we won both games :bounce: :thumb: )

BIG I,

What do you mean by the home team not using the locker rooms? As long as I have ever played I cannot think of one single time we did not use the locker rooms. They're not the fanciest or state of the art, but they're full of tradition.

Also, don't believe that the home locker room is too much, if at all, nicer than the visitors. Playing many of my junior football days as a guest to Putnam Stadium, they are about equal.