Ashland vs Rockcastle II

Painter

Just in case there are any lingering aspects we would like to discuss about this game, we need a place to do it.

One aspect which I think is worth mentioning is the lack of turnovers Ashland has had over the past few games. I will try and get an exact number, but the Tomcats have had several recent games with ZERO turnovers...this is a fairly good indicator just how focused this team is and how much attention is given to particular assignments.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for a low scoring game. Two keys I think are 1)Burkhart has to play a great game for Rock to win, 2)Ashland's special teams are very good and could decide game.

I think Ashland will win 17-12.

I actually think Ashlands special teams are one of the weaker aspects to this team. Tony Love's Defense will win this football game. And Holbrook and Co. will follow up. I look for a low or no scoring effort on Rocks side and no more than a 20 point difference in this game. Rock is very good at stopping the run, its ashame thats not Ashland specialty! :thumb:

]

Hobrook, Gurule, McDavid, Cannoy, and Bonner have a huge game, and become possibly the most feared recieving corp in the state!

... Tony Love's Defense will win this football game. I look for a low or no scoring effort on Rocks side ...

IronCat: I agree with you about our Defense. But the offense needs you and the other big men on the O-line to shine.

Fingers crossed,

Graybeard

IronCat: I agree with you about our Defense. But the offense needs you and the other big men on the O-line to shine.

Fingers crossed,

Graybeard

We've had some good weeks the last couple of games Graybeard. But I look for our big guys up front including myself to have a great game.

I believe Ashlands line is extremely underrated. They weren't very good at the beginning of the year but have improved tremendously and have been playing great as a whole as of late.

Before I say anything I want everyone to know that I aint talking bad about anyone. With that said- Ashland's line has improved somewhat but we dont really run the ball in between the tackles and our pass plays are mostly roll outs due to the lack of protection at times. I do agree that the line has improved but the toughest test so far this season looks like Rock. We will see......

Just in case there are any lingering aspects we would like to discuss about this game, we need a place to do it.

One aspect which I think is worth mentioning is the lack of turnovers Ashland has had over the past few games. I will try and get an exact number, but the Tomcats have had several recent games with ZERO turnovers...this is a fairly good indicator just how focused this team is and how much attention is given to particular assignments.

I believe we have had 1 turnover in the last 4 weeks.