Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland vs Rockcastle II

Featured Replies

Just in case there are any lingering aspects we would like to discuss about this game, we need a place to do it.

 

One aspect which I think is worth mentioning is the lack of turnovers Ashland has had over the past few games. I will try and get an exact number, but the Tomcats have had several recent games with ZERO turnovers...this is a fairly good indicator just how focused this team is and how much attention is given to particular assignments.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for a low scoring game. Two keys I think are 1)Burkhart has to play a great game for Rock to win, 2)Ashland's special teams are very good and could decide game.

I think Ashland will win 17-12.

I have watched rockcastle county play bell county and madison southern, they have a good team. They will be prepared! They are a much diffrent team this year than last. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.

I look for a low scoring game. Two keys I think are 1)Burkhart has to play a great game for Rock to win, 2)Ashland's special teams are very good and could decide game.

I think Ashland will win 17-12.

 

I actually think Ashlands special teams are one of the weaker aspects to this team. Tony Love's Defense will win this football game. And Holbrook and Co. will follow up. I look for a low or no scoring effort on Rocks side and no more than a 20 point difference in this game. Rock is very good at stopping the run, its ashame thats not Ashland specialty! :thumb:

]

Hobrook, Gurule, McDavid, Cannoy, and Bonner have a huge game, and become possibly the most feared recieving corp in the state!

... Tony Love's Defense will win this football game. I look for a low or no scoring effort on Rocks side ...

 

 

IronCat: I agree with you about our Defense. But the offense needs you and the other big men on the O-line to shine.

 

Fingers crossed,

Graybeard

I see a low scoring game for Rock but not for Ashland. If Rock focuses on the run then we throw it. Man are we dangerous or what......

IronCat: I agree with you about our Defense. But the offense needs you and the other big men on the O-line to shine.

 

Fingers crossed,

Graybeard

 

We've had some good weeks the last couple of games Graybeard. But I look for our big guys up front including myself to have a great game.

I believe Ashlands line is extremely underrated. They weren't very good at the beginning of the year but have improved tremendously and have been playing great as a whole as of late.

I believe Ashlands line is extremely underrated. They weren't very good at the beginning of the year but have improved tremendously and have been playing great as a whole as of late.

Before I say anything I want everyone to know that I aint talking bad about anyone. With that said- Ashland's line has improved somewhat but we dont really run the ball in between the tackles and our pass plays are mostly roll outs due to the lack of protection at times. I do agree that the line has improved but the toughest test so far this season looks like Rock. We will see......

Just in case there are any lingering aspects we would like to discuss about this game, we need a place to do it.

 

One aspect which I think is worth mentioning is the lack of turnovers Ashland has had over the past few games. I will try and get an exact number, but the Tomcats have had several recent games with ZERO turnovers...this is a fairly good indicator just how focused this team is and how much attention is given to particular assignments.

 

I believe we have had 1 turnover in the last 4 weeks.

We've had some good weeks the last couple of games Graybeard. But I look for our big guys up front including myself to have a great game.

 

 

We're all proud of you and the line. Keep us rolling. :thumb:

I believe we have had 1 turnover in the last 4 weeks.

Thats unbelieveable

Good luck Rock us Campers are pullen for you guys.

Ashland will have a hard time running the football with an consistancy against a good football team. The Tomcats defense will carry them in a low scoring game much like it did against Johnson Central.

I wonder if there is a statewide stat for defensive stops inside the 20 yd line?

 

Ashland must surely be near the top for teams who bend but dont break

 

cheers, Woody Jr

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.