Dick Butkus coaches a high school team

JoeFan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first reality TV I've ever liked. Did anyone see it?
I watched it and he certainly didn't like that MASH tent set-up, to treat the injured.

I liked the intense look on all the players faces, when Coach Butkus was talking and trying to absorb everything he said.

I like DB, but I think this is a sellout by the school.

Didn't they put their own coach on hold so they could have DB coach for 1 year with cameras rolling in exchange for new facilities? Wonder how the coach and the players felt about it?

Didn't they put their own coach on hold so they could have DB coach for 1 year with cameras rolling in exchange for new facilities? Wonder how the coach and the players felt about it?

That's a great question Watusi. How do you think something like this would have gone over if Belfry didn't have the funds they had to build their new stadium? Would there have been a few that would have wanted to ask Coach Haywood to do the same thing?

Good point but this team also, is supposedly awful and 1 win per season, is considered good.

I did feel terrible for the running back, who broke his thumb and was originally diagnosed to miss the entire season, by the first doctor he saw. He then sought a second opinion and he can fit him with a removal cast, which would allow him to play.

This same player missed a good portion of the previous year, with a broke leg.

That's a great question Watusi. How do you think something like this would have gone over if Belfry didn't have the funds they had to build their new stadium? Would there have been a few that would have wanted to ask Coach Haywood to do the same thing?

Believe it or not, there is a lot that would ask him tomorrow to leave for nothing if they thought it would work. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, there is a lot that would ask him tomorrow to leave for nothing if they thought it would work. :rolleyes:
Haywood is a LEGEND and will be in the HOF someday.

I'm not saying I agree with the idea of how Butkus became the Head Coach, but this team he is coaching, would be on the bottom of any BGP football poll.

The show itself is entertaining and gives a good insight, into a coaches perspective during practice evaluations.

I watched this show last night and I liked it and its the first reality show that I like. DB is intense but I wonder what the situation was for all this to happen?? Surely they can find a coach in Pennsylvania where High School Football is loved to find someone who can get this team back to where they were back in the late 90's. Just seems like a publicity stunt to me for some reason.

Haywood is a LEGEND and will be in the HOF someday.

I'm not saying I agree with the idea of how Butkus became the Head Coach, but this team he is coaching, would be on the bottom of any BGP football poll.

The show itself is entertaining and gives a good insight, into a coaches perspective during practice evaluations.

:thumb: