I hate to suspend people but...

theguru

Believe it or not I hate to suspend anyone but sometimes I don't have a choice. Even worse is having to suspend a paid member. I really don't want to do this but again sometimes there is no other choice.

In an attempt to cut down on paid member suspensions I want to give everyone a few tips to keep everyone out of hot water.

1. Please take the time to read THE RULES. I know there are a lot of them but you would be doing everyone a favor by reading them.

2. Advertising other web sites gets a lot of people in hot water. Of course links to the Courier Journal, and Herald Leader are ok but links to any other high school sites are not ok. You have to understand, BluegrassPreps.com is an independent. We are here to give you the best bang for your buck possible. I know there are other people in this business and I wish them well but most of those same people are really big companies chasing the almighty dollar and they would like nothing more than to put us out of business so they can make more money. Therefore, links or mention of any other high school sites are a major rules violation that will result in loss of your membership here.

Also, promotion of any financial interest on the site in terms of a link or a mention is a rules violation. In other words, if you or a friend (or even someone you don't know) has a business you are not allowed to mention it on the forum.

3. Word filter violations get a lot of people suspended. In other words, you cannot write something like bull$hit or f__k in the forums. Again, that will get you suspended every time.

4. Personal attacks will get you das boot too. You can argue the issues/facts all you want but when it turns personal it always goes down hill and we have no choice but to start suspending people. A lot of times the guy that throws the first punch gets by and the the upset person that overreacts and responds gets suspended. Don't let this happen to you, if someone gets personal please use our report a post to a moderator thread and we will address it. I almost always will send you a personal follow up on the action we took when a post gets reported.

5. Complaining about the site or another member on the open forum also gets a lot of people in hot water. Always send your complaints to me at theguru@fuse.net

============================

If any of the mods (or anyone else for that matter) has anything to add that will help us all get along please add it to this thread.

Again, thanks for your support.

theguru

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

User Agreement

You must be at least 16 years of age to join BluegrassPreps.com, INC (BGP). If you are under the age of 18, you acknowledge and agree that you have received parental consent for membership on this site and that the contract for payment with BGP is with an adult on your behalf.

Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of BGP or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use BGP to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law. You agree not to post and represent as your own any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by BGP.

Although BGP does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at BGP reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless BGP, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your messages.

We at BGP also reserve the right to reveal your identity in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this web site.

Members of BGP agree to follow the below rules at all times:

1. No advertising in any form (with limited exceptions in the Advertising Forum) or any negative comments about any advertiser.

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes name calling or personal attacks toward any member, their username, or school. Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" is prohibited in the high school forums.

3. Derogatory comments about anyone's race, religion, nationality, creed or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.

4. No school-specific (or general) recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No talking about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact www.khsaa.org to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

5. No divulging or attempting to determine any member's true identity. That includes dropping hints about a user's identity or asking a member who he or she is in a public forum.

6. No putting incorrect or false information on the site.

7. No user names that sound like profanity, you may not mimic anyone's user name, and no proper names for user names unless it is your real name. Avatars must be in good taste as well.

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter.

9. No discussion of ANY criminal behavior (charged or uncharged) in the high school forums. Discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted in all non-high school forums. However, discussion of criminal behavior by juveniles (anyone under 18) is never permitted anywhere on BGP.

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech (and they better just be figures of speech) that use gambling terms may be used; but they will be subject to modification or deletion in the high school forums. All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

11. No one else may access or login to your account for any reason.

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have such a complaint, you need to send me an email at theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the problem. Your opinion matters to me. When a moderator warns of possible rules violations, do not ignore the warning and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules will result in your suspension.

13. Within reason, you must use correct capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums.

14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it.

You understand that any violation of these rules may result in the cancellation of your membership in BluegrassPreps.com. The management of BGP, without warning or negotiation, will implement said cancellation. Reinstatement (serious violators will not be reinstated) of your membership following cancellation is not automatic. It would be contingent on your assurance that you can observe and post within the boundaries of the rules. Persistent or repeated transgression of the rules will result in your membership in BGP being permanently cancelled.

User acknowledges and explicitly agrees and consents that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for the resolution of any and all disputes arising under this User Agreement or out of User's participation with BGP shall vest exclusively with the District and/or Circuit Courts of Boone County, Kentucky, and no other, regardless of the User's country, state or county of residence.

Thanks,

theguru

theguru@fuse.net

Originally posted by 98NCCalum

oh come on, i've lived in ohio for 3 weeks, that so doesn't make me an ohio boy. Ahh, I can't handle that kind of stuff, I'm a Kentuckian through and through!!!!!

Sorry Dude!! Once you cross that river there is no turning back!!!:D :lol:

Originally posted by 98NCCalum

oh come on, i've lived in ohio for 3 weeks, that so doesn't make me an ohio boy. Ahh, I can't handle that kind of stuff, I'm a Kentuckian through and through!!!!!

HEY, now i take that offensively :fight: whats wrong with being an ohio boy! i think some of the other ohioans on this site wouldn't like that too much either, and like ccmom said, once you cross that river, You are in ohio baby, and whats wrong with that :D:D:D!

-The boy

Originally posted by crazyboy107

HEY, now i take that offensively :fight: whats wrong with being an ohio boy! i think some of the other ohioans on this site wouldn't like that too much either, and like ccmom said, once you cross that river, You are in ohio baby, and whats wrong with that :D:D:D!

-The boy

BUCKEYES.....GEEEEZ!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: