I hate to suspend people but...

theguru

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read through these rules a couple of times but having dealt with a few lawyers in my time a couple of questions pop in my mind.

The words Suspension and Cancellation are both used in this Thread. Do they mean the same? I usually consider a Suspension as being for a lesser infraction but I could see no difference in degrees.

Does the Suspended/Cancelled Member have to pay to get back on probation?

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

We have been having another problem recently and that is people putting racial slurs (or refering to them) on the site.

Anything to do with "race" is off limits in the high school forums.

It will get you suspended everytime.

Originally posted by Highwayman

I've read through these rules a couple of times but having dealt with a few lawyers in my time a couple of questions pop in my mind.

The words Suspension and Cancellation are both used in this Thread. Do they mean the same? I usually consider a Suspension as being for a lesser infraction but I could see no difference in degrees.

Does the Suspended/Cancelled Member have to pay to get back on probation?

:confused:

Sorry, I missed this one.

Suspended is temporary, cancelled is out the door.

It is not my intention to keep collecting $10 from someone, it's my intention to make everyone follow the rules. There is no definite answer to this question, we handle it case by case even to the extreme of refusing to accept anymore money from someone because we don't want to keep dealing with them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

in order to ask this question i have to violate the rules.

i noticed that in a recent thread(highlands 7 on 7) the guru has mentioned and even posted a link to yappi.com. is it okay to reference and link to this site?

also what about links to high school sites that have national polls which many are interested in such as ihigh, tony, prepnation.

not trying to be a trouble maker just want to know what is okay. thanks in advance for clarifying this. please forgive any violation contained here.

• 3 weeks later...

Guru, God bless you, you are a treat. I love your "it's my way or the highway attitude". As you know I really mean it. I am a law and order type person and I just get a kick the way you run your website. Keep up the good work and don't back down from anyone (as if you needed me to tell you that).

Originally posted by leatherneck

Guru, God bless you, you are a treat. I love your "it's my way or the highway attitude". As you know I really mean it. I am a law and order type person and I just get a kick the way you run your website. Keep up the good work and don't back down from anyone (as if you needed me to tell you that).

Ah gee, thanks lneck. The paid format is the best thing that has ever happened to the site from a "law and order" standpoint.

I know we have a lot of rules and I know we have a heavy hand sometimes but I think it is the only way you can run this type of website and be successful.

Did someone say back down?:fight: :D :fight:

• 3 weeks later...