Covington Holy Cross 73 Newport 6

PP1

Newport does not have a Freshman or JV team from what I was told. Their varsity team is made up of some 7th and 8th graders. They did have a two seniors but rest were 7th/8th and Freshman playing at the varsity level. Unfortunately we could see similar scores going forward. Holy Cross only dressed 10 girls (2 of them are 8th graders) and they all played about a half each. Good luck to both teams.

But 73-6? I mean there are blowouts, and there's 73-6? At some point, don't you pull the ball out and work on ball movement? Granted, I wasn't there, and I didnt see it and maybe Newport just quit on the game.

I usually am a loner when it comes to this topic. I think there are ways to easily avoid embarrassing a team. Most of the time, I do not get support in this area though.

Newport does not have a Freshman or JV team from what I was told. Their varsity team is made up of some 7th and 8th graders. They did have a two seniors but rest were 7th/8th and Freshman playing at the varsity level. Unfortunately we could see similar scores going forward. Holy Cross only dressed 10 girls (2 of them are 8th graders) and they all played about a half each. Good luck to both teams.

So why would you not forgo a varsity season and either play freshmen only, or figure out a way to be JV only (would be harder to find games that way) and start from the bottom up on developing a program.

I think of how Walton Verona started their football program from the bottom up and allowed success and meaningful reps against appropriate competition to facilitate in a successful launch of varsity football.