Do you think Somerset is the real deal?

Bac2369

Do you think Somerset is the real deal?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Somerset is the real deal?

Somerset has started the season with two running clock victories over Rockcastle County 40-0, and Montgomery County 75-13. Somerset should get there first real test this week to see where they stand as they welcome in Beechwood to the Brair Patch.

Somerset last beat a team from NKY, maybe back in 1983. Let's not get crazy here.

Which has zero impact on this game in any capacity. You have a big briar jumper sign for your handle yet you’re always half in half out. Cmon man.

A big resounding yes. They have talent all over the field. They may win or they may lose Friday but that won’t change this persons mind. They have a great team and will continue to improve.

Let's define "real deal". If "real deal" means are they good enough to beat Mayfield, then Somerset needs to beat Beechwood by at least 4 TD's. Anything less than that means they have no chance against Mayfield.

If Somerset cannot beat Beechwood this Friday, then they might not ever beat Beechwood.

Let's define "real deal". If "real deal" means are they good enough to beat Mayfield, then Somerset needs to beat Beechwood by at least 4 TD's. Anything less than that means they have no chance against Mayfield.

If Somerset cannot beat Beechwood this Friday, then they might not ever beat Beechwood.

Completely arbitrary. Maybe they are and maybe they’re not. Mayfield is unbeatable (gets beat by Hazard in 2011 state finals), Mayfield will destroy anyone (gets beat by Danville with the Vancleave show in 17), mayfield is God’s gift to small school football (gets beat by CAL in the 18 finals).

Where is this four touchdown thing coming from? Who knows if Somerset is capable of beating Beechwood, maybe they are and maybe they’re not - I know this if Somerset is fortunate enough to play 15 games this year it will be because they earned that right going through Beechwood, Danville, LCA and all of the other 2A powers that their schedule imposes and if it is Mayfield that sits there on game 15 then so be it, play ball.

Completely arbitrary. Maybe they are and maybe they’re not. Mayfield is unbeatable (gets beat by Hazard in 2011 state finals), Mayfield will destroy anyone (gets beat by Danville with the Vancleave show in 17), mayfield is God’s gift to small school football (gets beat by CAL in the 18 finals).

Where is this four touchdown thing coming from? Who knows if Somerset is capable of beating Beechwood, maybe they are and maybe they’re not - I know this if Somerset is fortunate enough to play 15 games this year it will be because they earned that right going through Beechwood, Danville, LCA and all of the other 2A powers that their schedule imposes and if it is Mayfield that sits there on game 15 then so be it, play ball.

My post is more about where Beechwood is right now than Mayfield. Look at Pikeville 2017 and you will see what Beechwood's season projects out like this year. This game is Lexington Christian vs. Pikeville in 2017.

Which has zero impact on this game in any capacity. You have a big briar jumper sign for your handle yet you’re always half in half out. Cmon man.

A big resounding yes. They have talent all over the field. They may win or they may lose Friday but that won’t change this persons mind. They have a great team and will continue to improve.

I agree that it has zero impact. My point is over the years we've struggled to beat those teams. We might not like to admit it, but they play games like this week in and week our up there.

I'm always all in for the Jumpers, I just don't let one end over load the other on here. Do they have the talent to win, absolutely. Win or lose Friday they are still capable of making it to the last weekend of the season.

I agree that it has zero impact. My point is over the years we've struggled to beat those teams. We might not like to admit it, but they play games like this week in and week our up there.

I'm always all in for the Jumpers, I just don't let one end over load the other on here. Do they have the talent to win, absolutely. Win or lose Friday they are still capable of making it to the last weekend of the season.

In or out brother. You’re an admin so you probably have at least an inkling as to who I am and I most definitely know you. Come join the party, it’s gonna be a fun ride.