Do you think Somerset is the real deal?

Bac2369

Do you think Somerset is the real deal?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Somerset is the real deal?

In or out brother. You’re an admin so you probably have at least an inkling as to who I am and I most definitely know you. Come join the party, it’s gonna be a fun ride.

I'm always "In" on the Jumpers, regardless of the amount of hyperbole that I may or may not post.

You cut me and purple and gold would pour out.

It will be a fun ride and I am looking forward to it.

I know exactly Zero about Somerset.

With that said, nobody, and I mean nobody, is the real deal until they win the State Title in their class. That goes for 6A (I'm diehard Trinity) all the way down.

You can be real deal one week, and no big deal another. Win the 15th game of the year and prove what you are.

I know I wouldn't want to play them if I were a 2A team.

Veteran Defense, Veteran Offense, Future D-1 QB that can hurt you running or throwing, tall/athletic WR who can make plays, one of the better LB's in the State...

I do think Mayfield is the team everyone is chasing, but the personnel that Somerset has would seem to suggest they are capable of limiting whatever advantages Mayfield has over most 2A teams.

Really solid football team all the way around.

Excited to see this game play out. Would be even more excited if Derry hadn’t gone down with 2 Torn aCL in as many years last week. From what I’ve seen and read, Somersot looks stronger and more seasoned on paper. But everyone knows Beechwood doesn’t rebuild, they reload. Hopefully it’s a preview of playoffs and doesn’t disappoint.....

A lot of talk about Somerset skill players, but they're line is huge, and very good. Johnson 6'3 280, Simmons 6'3 300, Harper 6'2 half 290 Cimala, 6'2 230 and younger Simmons 6'2 half 250. This line has yet to let Sheron get touched, opens holes, and very nice pass blocking. This line is very nice.

One day until beechwood and all the nay sayers on here will find out what most already know and that is Somerset is the real deal this year and should be state champs or at least runners up if they don’t make it to Kroger field this year I would be really surprised.

One day until beechwood and all the nay sayers on here will find out what most already know and that is Somerset is the real deal this year and should be state champs or at least runners up if they don’t make it to Kroger field this year I would be really surprised.

Could you please point out the naysayers you are referring to? Look how lopsided the poll is with people saying Somerset is the real deal.

Could you please point out the naysayers you are referring to? Look how lopsided the poll is with people saying Somerset is the real deal.

Like I said most already know meaning the 85% the other 15 will find out I never said there were a lot and if you read most of the comments even the ones who believe aren’t sold they say “once they beat a quality opponent” being Beechwood tomorrow. Or they look the part we will have to see as the season plays out. So to all those who semi believe or who feel they have the potential tomorrow is a big game and they have that chance and I think they will thrive and bring it to Beechwood. That’s what I was saying!

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R13

Somerset is absolutely the real deal. They look solid in all areas. They just have to get over that mental challenge they have when playing a team from Northern Kentucky. I can't for the life of me figure out how that program doesn't have at least one title. I saw that team with Massey, and Fletcher, who to this day I will say is the best RB I have ever seen play the game, not be able to get it done. That team it was either 83, or 84, should have won state. If the Jumpers can get past Beechwood, and I think they will, then they are in my opinion the only challenge in 2A for Mayfield this year.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R13

Somerset is absolutely the real deal. They look solid in all areas. They just have to get over that mental challenge they have when playing a team from Northern Kentucky. I can't for the life of me figure out how that program doesn't have at least one title. I saw that team with Massey, and Fletcher, who to this day I will say is the best RB I have ever seen play the game, not be able to get it done. That team it was either 83, or 84, should have won state. If the Jumpers can get past Beechwood, and I think they will, then they are in my opinion the only challenge in 2A for Mayfield this year.
Somerset did, and was #1National before the KHSAA was formed so it's not recognised. Lol Maybe they change that this year.

I am a Beechwood fan and I say Somerset is the clear favorite to win tonight. I hope that helps any Somerset fans that feel slighted to feel better. If Beechwood wins tonight, it is an upset.

No one should feel slighted when matching up with Beechwood, I expect a very competitive game...Go Jumpers.