20 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• 6A Meade County
    • 4A #7 Franklin-Simpson

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meade Co will be better at all 3 skill positions (QB, RB, WR). The question is who wins the battle up front? Look for Meade Co to put up more points than Greenwood did. I'll go with the Greenwave 38 Franklin Simpson 21.

Edited by AvoidLloyd

If FS gives up 38 points to Meade that will be the third highest in three years. Behind Johnson Central in 2016 and Elizabethtown in 2017.

I suppose if Meade is better at all skill positions....38 points is not going to be surprising. But just fyi FS doesn’t throw the ball around much so judging the ability of their QB and WRs is difficult.

This is a very tough game to predict. Before the Greenwood game I would have selected Franklin pretty easily. But I'm hesitant now. Lloyd's info on the Greenwave make me believe this will be a hard fought close game. The game being in Franklin is also a factor. I'm still mulling it over.

These teams have had great games the last two years. Last year FS led 17-0 then held off a furious 4th quarter comeback to win 17-14 on the road. In 2017 Meade won at FS 24-21 with FS missing a tying field goal attempt with seconds to go. I’ll be surprised if this one isn’t close as well.

I’m still going with the feeling that Greenwood is much better than anyone anticipated. FS looked very good in its scrimmages and started off hot last week. Two fumbles inside their own 20 didn’t help matters.

With it being Meade’s first game, it makes it tougher to predict. I’ll take FS 28-24 but at this point I don’t know what to expect.

Like I said, I've watched both scrimmages and the Greenwood game. FS is really good. This will easily be the best Meade Co team in years. Austin Oppel changes everything. Meade brings almost their whole team back including a couple talented 6-4 and 6-2 WR's. Richardson had 2 catches for 80 yards last year vs FS and Dozier caught 2 Td passes. They will be really tough to defend considering Meade has maybe the best RB in Kentucky in the back field. This being Meades 1st game I think definitely hurts them though.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13