Reds at Phillies (6/7 thru 6/9)

I think the Phillies are coming off being swept by the Dodgers.

That may have been the series before. Thought I just saw a game the other night in which they were playing the Padres. San Diego had a 5-2 lead and ended up losing 7-5. Hope our bullpen holds up better.

That may have been the series before. Thought I just saw a game the other night in which they were playing the Padres. San Diego had a 5-2 lead and ended up losing 7-5. Hope our bullpen holds up better.

Oh gotcha, my bad. Saw a beer vendor for the Dodgers sweeping up the Phillies logos with his grandaughter. Goofy dude does it every time the Dodgers sweep someone haha!

Reds lose 4-2 on only 6 hits followed by 5 hits yesterday. Tonight, Reds scored two, Phillies scored two and Reds gave them two on terrible defense. Offense woes of this team will continue all year, unfortunately.

Last year on this same date the Dodgers were sitting at .500 with only 3 more wins than the Reds. The Dodgers at that point had 18 games where they scored 2 runs or less. The reds at this point also have exactly 18 games where they scored 2 runs or less.

My point is while yes the offense has been bad. Baseball is a sport that with it being such a long season, it is possible to turn it around. Which the Dodgers went on to do last season after being pretty bad like this years Reds team the first 2 months. Coincidence or not the Reds have the hitting coach the Dodgers had last year, when they had their slow start too. Which as mentioned did get turned around.

I'm not saying they will turn it around and be in the World Series like the Dodgers did. However, still way to early for you to be making claims that they will be like this offensively all year.

Last year on this same date the Dodgers were sitting at .500 with only 3 more wins than the Reds. The Dodgers at that point had 18 games where they scored 2 runs or less. The reds at this point also have exactly 18 games where they scored 2 runs or less.

My point is while yes the offense has been bad. Baseball is a sport that with it being such a long season, it is possible to turn it around. Which the Dodgers went on to do last season after being pretty bad like this years Reds team the first 2 months. Coincidence or not the Reds have the hitting coach the Dodgers had last year, when they had their slow start too. Which as mentioned did get turned around.

I'm not saying they will turn it around and be in the World Series like the Dodgers did. However, still way to early for you to be making claims that they will be like this offensively all year.

You are comparing the Reds to the Dodgers? Really? We don't have a player who could start for the Dodgers. Maybe Suarez but they have Turner. Yes, we have their hitting coach but not their hitters. I feel better about it continuing all year than you saying it won't.

You are comparing the Reds to the Dodgers? Really? We don't have a player who could start for the Dodgers. Maybe Suarez but they have Turner. Yes, we have their hitting coach but not their hitters. I feel better about it continuing all year than you saying it won't.

That is exactly my point. The Dodgers last year did have a great lineup. Yet their offense the first 2 months of last year was playing similar to the reds offense this year. The Dodgers and that great lineup you said got as far as 10 games below .500 during the first 2 months of the year and only had 3 more wins at this point than this years Reds team. Based off your history on here, I would have assumed you would have made the same declaration about the Dodgers last year at this point, and would have said this obviously is who they will be all season. Yet they went on to prove the complete opposite obviously and did great the rest of the year.

Which is my point. I'm not saying the Reds will end up being great like the Dodgers became. However, it's still way to early to make your statement of well I guess this is who they will be all year.

Like it or not it is still hard to truly believe the offense will be like this all year. The offense the last few years has been one of the better ones in baseball. It has always been the pitching for why they lost. So yes it is not that far out there to think eventually the offense will figure it out this season. Now you may end up being completely right, maybe they will struggle all year offensively. However, baseball is to long of a season to make that statement right now.