Trinity 8 St. Xavier 4 (7th Region Championship)

Hitting is contagious and it sounds like the Trinity baseball team has caught the bug. In important games like this, once things start going against you it can be difficult getting them to reverse. Sounds like the Tigers just waited too long to get things turned in their favor. All things considered, it was another great season for Tiger baseball and Coach Porta has done a great job of keeping the program running at such a high level.

CONGRATS ROCKS - ONTO LEXINGTON

Congrats to Tigers on a great season.

Always a tough opponent

Not yet. They'll play North Oldham in the sectional at Eastern High School on Saturday for the right to advance to Whitaker Bank Ballpark next week.

I think that was more a testament for X rather than an indictment on T. I'm not sure anybody is too surprised by the outcome. I know I'm not.

Agreed. St. X has just been so good over the last few years that it was more about having to see them lose before you pick against them - not unlike the view many have taken in T/X football playoff games in the past.

I think that was more a testament for X rather than an indictment on T. I'm not sure anybody is too surprised by the outcome. I know I'm not.

I agree with that. But in this rivalry it's odd that noone picked T

Hitting is contagious and it sounds like the Trinity baseball team has caught the bug. In important games like this, once things start going against you it can be difficult getting them to reverse. Sounds like the Tigers just waited too long to get things turned in their favor. All things considered, it was another great season for Tiger baseball and Coach Porta has done a great job of keeping the program running at such a high level.

Trinity has had the bug for a long time. The 8 runs they scored against St. X is just slightly below their season average of 8.3 runs per game.

I'm sorry.

I did not realize the "sectional format"

I hope this doesn't mean we're not friends anymore

Lol! We're good my friend. But I do wish all sixteen advanced to the final tournament like it's been for the last 10-15 years.