James Harden Just Wants A Fair Chance...

After the Rockets Game 1 loss to the Warriors yesterday, Harden said he just wanted "a fair chance" in regards to the officiating.

"Call the game how it's supposed to be called and that's it. I'll live with the results. We all know what happened a few years back with Kawhi. That can change the entire series. Just call the game the way it's supposed to be called and we'll live with the results. It's plain and simple."

He's complaining about apparent no-calls on a few three point attempts in yesterday's game. In his defense, I think one of the plays should have been called, but not the rest. On the one at the end of the game, he jumped a good 3-4 forward towards Draymond Green AND kicked his legs out. The rule was designed to protect shooters, not to create a situation to manipulate your way to the free throw line. If you change your shooting motion, you shouldn't get the call.

I wonder if he wants them to call the 15 times a game he pushes off? This is one of the more hilarious/ironic quotes from an NBA player in a while. The entire Rockets organization annoys me.

As much as I love the NBA, the drawing fouls and attempt to trick referees game is exhausting. Saw a great tweet yesterday that said in order for Harden to have a great game, he needs the refs to have a great game. Durant can just have a great game. Any contested shot of Harden his legs come out from under him and he throws his arms onto others. As I have said for three years, the Rockets are by far the most boring team in the league to watch.

As much as I love the NBA, the drawing fouls and attempt to trick referees game is exhausting. Saw a great tweet yesterday that said in order for Harden to have a great game, he needs the refs to have a great game. Durant can just have a great game. Any contested shot of Harden his legs come out from under him and he throws his arms onto others. As I have said for three years, the Rockets are by far the most boring team in the league to watch.

That's the thing though. Harden IS good enough to do it without the gimmick, he just chooses to play that way. But if he's having a bad shooting game, you can guarantee the flopping will be turned up.

They showed the no-calls on ESPN this morning. After showing one of Harden’s more egregious flops, they said it looked like he was laying back in a recliner.

The one late in the game with Draymond looked like that. His legs almost got parallel with the floor. :lol2:

Harden's push-off, step-back then hop-back jumper that never gets called kills me. I loved when Steph did it earlier this year showing how absurd it was and he got called for a walk. He just laughed at the refs.

Harden is a freak talent but his antics (faking fouls) ruin him for me.

Harden's push-off, step-back then hop-back jumper that never gets called kills me. I loved when Steph did it earlier this year showing how absurd it was and he got called for a walk. He just laughed at the refs.

Harden is a freak talent but his antics (faking fouls) ruin him for me.

Harden’s step back is not a walk. He has definitely walked at times but not on average.

Harden’s step back is not a walk. He has definitely walked at times but not on average.

I'd say on average he steps back and hops back both before shooting. He does do it legally some of the time but he either pushes off, walks or both on at least half of them it seems.

I love Harden’s game. I love how it puts referees in a position to be consistent. I think even without that aspect, as Deuce said, he’s a game-changing player.

I hate how it’s affecting the lower levels of basketball. I hate middle and high school kids trying to draw a foul instead of knocking down a jumper.

I remember watching CVH in the 9th Region Tournament throw his head back each time there was contact while driving to the basket and realizing the impact the NBA has on kids for the first time.

I am deeply conflicted between “this dude really understands the game” and “this dude is making a huge negative impact on the game.”

I think he had a few reasonable gripes last night too.

Let’s imagine for a second Harden was playing against air and he replicated the same shooting form he does on about half of his three point attempts when guarded. He would fall on his back most of the time or his arms would come straight out in front of him. It isn’t natural. The outcry comes because he was rewarded for his shenanigans during the regular season. Harden drew 95 fouls on three point attempts during the regular season. The next closest was at 34. That ain’t right.

Edited by bugatti