Simon Kenton and Indiana Elite 16U star has ACL Surgery

Kelly Niece of Simon Kenton and Indiana Elite 16U star has had ACL surgery.

Kid just had a monster game of 20 points, 18 in 2nd half for Indiana Elite's 16U Adidas team.

Sending prayers and well wishes young man.

Wow, I hate to hear this. I hope he can get back and healthy before the tourney next year but more importantly getting back to 100% for his senior year and college. If I'm not mistaken it's usually a 10-12 month timeframe.

The physical recovery time for ACLs has gotten better and better over the years. But most guys struggle with the mental aspect of knowing when they can trust going all out on it. I hope he makes it back to full speed sooner than later. I also hope he understands that this is just a speed bump, and doesn’t force himself back too quickly.

Yes. I am a firm believer that these injuries are the direct result of "over" use. Not sure what it is going to take for parents and coaches alike to realize this.

Could also be the result of poor jumping mechanics. I have noticed during conditioning a number of players that turn their knees "inward" when they hit the ground during jumping rope or stairs.