Campbell County 49 Walton-Verona 42 (KHSAA Boys Sweet 16® Quarterfinals)

Only thing I wish WV would've done differently was to foul sooner when it got to 1:30. It may not have changed anything, but was frustrating to watch all that time run off.

That said, hats off to Coach Brannen and all of the Bearcats, you made it one exciting ride.

And congrats to the Camels and their fans. Great effort put forth today. Bring it home for NKY!

^ You can say that again.

Dieonte Miles finished with 10 points, 12 blocks, & 5 rebounds.

12 blocks! :wideyed:

I am sorry I missed my chance to see him play in high school. I haven't seen him play since about the 4th or 5th grade. He was very athletic then, tall and skinny as can be. His long legs sure could cover ground (the court) when he ran.

Great community support for both WV and Campbell County. Kudos to Dr. Matt Baker and Dr. David Rust for calling off school to allow all of their school staff, students and stakeholders the opportunity to attend. What a great game atmosphere and each team gave it all they had. Congratulations to G. Brannen and the Bearcats on an outstanding season. Coach Russell and staff have the Camels playing with tons of confidence and heart.....keep it going Camels!

As projected in Poll thread, this outcome could have been different if Bearcats hit their FTs. 8 for 15 (53%) which included several front ends misses makes for an uphill battle against comparably talented opponents. Great effort WV and a big congrats to Camels.