Kentucky 70 Arkansas 66

16thBBall Fan

Bad first half. However games like this is a good thing to have going into the tournament. One shows them they have to have energy against every team and also good for them to show again they could come back. Not to mention gives them something to work on, seeing how the last 10 seconds went.

The one thing that worries me is Herro saying that he thinks it was his Achilles that he strained. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like any time I hear about a player having a strained achilles or even just a sore one. Shortly after that they end up tearing it. So I hope that doesn't happen with him.

The Tyler Herro tonight is the reason why players on UK at the beginning of the year voted him as the guy they would like to take the last shot of a game if they couldn't vote for themselves. Then even last week Washington said it too. These guys see it every day in practice, and today he finally had that true consistent shooting day. He is going to miss it sometimes like against Bama, but that's the type of player you want at the end of games. He isnt going to be afraid of the moment.

This one was a classic "trap game". U.K. coming off big wins in the last few games, especially vs. Tennessee and Auburn and UT coming up this weekend. Kudos to Arkansas for being ready to play and their execution, especially in the first half. The Cats came out flat, unemotional and just went thru the motions while Arkansas wanted the upset and frankly outplayed, out hustled U.K..

Obviously Cal got his message across at the half and I agree with @MJAlltheWay24 in his "Cal won't get credit for that 2nd half" statement. This team came out and took over. Starting defensively, the Cats dominated the 2nd half, breaking the Arkansas momentum and took over the game.

Tyler Herro played a great game and with 9/10 shooting imo had his best game thus far, Tyler looked like a leader. Speaking of stats …. Nick Richards pulled down 14 boards. Richards, with play like that, may be a big factor in how far this team goes in the post season.

HUGE GAME coming up in Knoxville this Saturday …. that one just may determine a #1 seed in the ncaa tourney.

Bad first half. However games like this is a good thing to have going into the tournament. One shows them they have to have energy against every team and also good for them to show again they could come back. Not to mention gives them something to work on, seeing how the last 10 seconds went.

I'd say they need to work on the ten turnovers in the first half more than anything.

[/b]

I'd say they need to work on the ten turnovers in the first half more than anything.

While annoying the turnovers don't bother me as much last night because they obviously corrected it last night and last night was more of an anomaly.

Closing out a game in a high pressure situation could be crucial come March/April.

[/b]

Well considering turnovers haven't really been a big problem for this team this year. As evident by that they had more in the first half than they did for the whole games in their last 6. I would say last night was more the exception than the rule in regards to turnovers.

While on the other hand 3 of the teams 4 losses have come literally at the very end of games with Setan Hall, Bama, and LSU. So I will stick with them needing to learn how to handle the last seconds of a game better still.